Author Topic: is it simply good manners by saying good morning,  (Read 395 times)

Alfred

is it simply good manners by saying good morning,
« on: Oct 22, 2019, 08:05:01 AM »
Much like the Clint Eastwood comments of make my day, spoken in many of his films, I too say good morning as I meet people , particularly with shop workers as seeing their faces, and  many look fed up, or tired,

its surprising just how many people return the simple comment of a morning greeting,   when my wife and I go into our local asda store or any other shop for  that matter ,

we say good morning even to the cashiers as they sit behind their tills  and smile, now they get to know us and smile back ,and return the compliment, as they have got to know us,

(so in a way they also make my day as well,) a simple comment and a smile, works wonders  and even cheers these workers up , when seeing others standing on a step ladder or putting stock onto shelves ,

I usually say don't jump the managers going to give you a pay rise, or the managers cooking a nice bacon sandwich for you, with a nice mug of tea,

if I say this to the cashiers the amount of replies I get from them saying  I could murder one right now as you've suddenly made me feel hungry ……..having put the thought into their  heads, …..but it does raise a laugh ,

after all its costs nothing. to be polite, and cheerful,

Q; do you put a smile on shop workers faces, if so will you share your secrets with us,

Michael Rolls

Re: is it simply good manners by saying good morning,
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2019, 08:10:40 AM »
Yes - helps make my day as well
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Raven

« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2019, 10:37:26 AM »
Yes I think so, My first length at the pool in the early morning, I have to keep my head above water as you say Good Morning to everyone you pass.  ;D

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2019, 11:54:23 AM »
I always say Hi to the girl on the till, I thought everybody did ?   :)

Butterpuff

« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2019, 12:24:08 PM »
yes we always do, especially to the girls...or young men at the checkouts, and often have a laugh with them...

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2019, 01:44:41 PM »
I always say Hi to the girl on the till, I thought everybody did ?   :)

They do...unless they're too busy talking on their phone..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.