Author Topic: Francis O Grady  (Read 2707 times)

mick607

Re: Francis O Grady
« Reply #15 on: Oct 23, 2019, 09:37:41 PM »
I used to do the occasional delivery to industrial estates in the Grays area & they all seemed dodgy places so I reckon this was the lorry's intended destination.

The lorry used Southern Ireland because the checks are not very stringent, then straight into Northern Ireland via the open border & into the UK with no checks. ( you know, the border that all the MPs want leaving open).

Anyway as harsh as it seems, it's their personal responsibility for getting into a virtually airtight container & it's 39 that won't be poncing off the UK taxpayer.

Liberals feel free to criticise.
No criticism from me Diasi, you beat me to it.

Diasi

« Reply #16 on: Oct 23, 2019, 10:26:04 PM »
No mention of any children or women, apart from one teenager.    I imagine they were all adult males from Africa or the middle east who managed to cross borders to get to Bulgaria.

The news reports seems to be confusing & contradicting each other as the early reports said the lorry & container had travelled into the UK via Holyhead.

According to the ITV evening news it was only the lorry tractor unit that came from Southern Ireland to Holyhead & then it went to Purfleet where it collected the refrigerated trailer unit. It's only a distance of around of 4 miles from Purfleet to Grays where it was found.

Meanwhile, back at the asylum, the immigration campaign morons are blaming the UK for what's happened.

Stephen Hale, chief executive of Refugee Action, said in a statement: “This appalling tragedy shows the urgent need for the government to create safe and legal routes to the UK for people fleeing war and persecution. The lack of these routes is forcing desperate people to put their lives into the hands of smugglers.”

And Satbir Singh, of the Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants, said: “Nobody should be in any doubt that the ultimate responsibility for these deaths lies with government policy which has deliberately closed down safe and legal routes into Britain.

“We need a commitment to opening safe and legal routes to the UK, and quick decisions on applications from people seeking to make a better life here.”
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

mick607

« Reply #17 on: Oct 23, 2019, 10:34:03 PM »
Is there civil war in Bulgaria.? No there is,nt. When will these interfering do goody snowflakes realise this country cannot sustain immigration at the present level.
Roll on BREXIT.

Diasi

« Reply #18 on: Oct 23, 2019, 10:42:07 PM »
Is there civil war in Bulgaria.? No there is,nt. When will these interfering do goody snowflakes realise this country cannot sustain immigration at the present level.
Roll on BREXIT.

Bulgaria's in the EU so the illegal immigrants have come from outside the EU & have travelled through numerous EU countries to reach the UK as a bonus of our EU membership..

As you say, time to control our borders.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

zoony

« Reply #19 on: Oct 23, 2019, 10:43:02 PM »
The news reports seems to be confusing & contradicting each other as the early reports said the lorry & container had travelled into the UK via Holyhead.

According to the ITV evening news it was only the lorry tractor unit that came from Southern Ireland to Holyhead & then it went to Purfleet where it collected the refrigerated trailer unit. It's only a distance of around of 4 miles from Purfleet to Grays where it was found.

Meanwhile, back at the asylum, the immigration campaign morons are blaming the UK for what's happened.

Stephen Hale, chief executive of Refugee Action, said in a statement: “This appalling tragedy shows the urgent need for the government to create safe and legal routes to the UK for people fleeing war and persecution. The lack of these routes is forcing desperate people to put their lives into the hands of smugglers.”

And Satbir Singh, of the Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants, said: “Nobody should be in any doubt that the ultimate responsibility for these deaths lies with government policy which has deliberately closed down safe and legal routes into Britain.

“We need a commitment to opening safe and legal routes to the UK, and quick decisions on applications from people seeking to make a better life here.”

Looking at the source of the quotes their content is hardly a surprise.
  I was under the impression that there were many "..safe and legal routes to the UK.." and all involve doing it properly and officially rather than on a lilo being rescued from the Chanel by over-stretched coastguards or in a refrigerated, air-tight container and not being rescued...
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

« Reply #20 on: Oct 23, 2019, 11:04:19 PM »

Looking at the source of the quotes their content is hardly a surprise.
I was under the impression that there were many "..safe and legal routes to the UK.." and all involve doing it properly and officially rather than on a lilo being rescued from the Chanel by over-stretched coastguards or in a refrigerated, air-tight container and not being rescued...

I wonder how many immigrants Stephen Hale & Satbir Singh have housed in their homes.

Jacqueline

« Reply #21 on: Oct 23, 2019, 11:10:02 PM »
They all want to come here.  How many years will it take until this country is so over run and crime ridden that we will be the ones in the back of the lorry trying to get out.

Diasi

« Reply #22 on: Oct 23, 2019, 11:20:59 PM »
They all want to come here.  How many years will it take until this country is so over run and crime ridden that we will be the ones in the back of the lorry trying to get out.

If, when I was in my 20's, I'd have known what a [censored] the UK would become, I'd have been off to Canada or New Zealand.

Alex22

« Reply #23 on: Oct 23, 2019, 11:42:18 PM »
Nine more found in the back of a lorry today on the M20.  They were all ok but were " being checked as a precaution"
I read an interesting letter from an immigrant to this country, it's not just native Brits worrying about the amount of people pouring in.

I'm an immigrant in this country. Unlike these people who come to the UK illegally, I came here with a valid work permit from Far East. I am now working in NHS and pay taxes regularly. I don't live on benifits. But I cannot avoid getting angry when I hear people coming here illegally. They will ask the government to give them free housing, to give them weekly allowance and some of them even commit crimes. Where is fairness there? That's why I am pro-Brexit so that we can conduct our own border check and can have our own law on immigration.

zoony

« Reply #24 on: Oct 23, 2019, 11:56:24 PM »
  Not a rare opinion from those lucky enough, rich enough or sufficiently qualified to be here legally. I'm sure those folk feel more threatened than we do, on more than one level. It'd make more sense to tackle the root of the problem, which is an unpleasantly human mixture of greed, envy and ambition which leads to the conditions that force, otherwise contented people for the most part, to witness the destruction of every aspect of their normal lives...But that's never going to happen. Capitalism has much to answer for and every financial incentive to ignore it.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

« Reply #25 on: Oct 24, 2019, 02:27:38 PM »
Top marks to the Essex police as they're now on their third version of the circumstances, so, until they change it again, it now seems that the lorry tractor unit did bring the trailer in from Belgium to Purfleet docks.

The occupants were all Chinese so it's reasonably safe to say that the traffickers are Chinese in the UK.

Diasi

« Reply #26 on: Oct 24, 2019, 09:28:39 PM »
Top marks to the Essex police as they're now on their third version of the circumstances, so, until they change it again, it now seems that the lorry tractor unit did bring the trailer in from Belgium to Purfleet docks.

The occupants were all Chinese so it's reasonably safe to say that the traffickers are Chinese in the UK.

Nope, it's back to version two.

The police are now saying that the trailer was shipped from Belgium to Purfleet & then picked up by the lorry tractor unit so the driver from Northern Ireland was only involved for a 4 mile journey which would take about 10 minutes.

If this version can be believed.

Diasi

« Reply #27 on: Oct 25, 2019, 05:54:31 AM »
The Chinese irregal immiglant trade is quite a substantial one which never gets much press coverage, until an incident happens, because it's too well-organised.

The people are shipped into the UK for the sole purpose of working in Chinese businesses & acting as domestic workers for the Chinese business owners. & they never leave the Chinese community.

With them being shipped in a refrigerated container I wonder if there was an 'employ by' date.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #28 on: Oct 25, 2019, 07:19:47 AM »
Surely the refrigeration unit would not have been switched on - unless by accident?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #29 on: Oct 25, 2019, 07:35:44 AM »

They actually don't. We are nowhere near the top in terms of immigrant population.

It has been reported that the people in the container will probably have been dead when it reached Zeebrugge.  Trafficking is such an evil trade, if they had survived the journey, their lives here would not be pleasant.  They would be working for the traffickers, knowing that if they didn't, their families back home could be in danger.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais