Author Topic: Changing Doctors.  (Read 438 times)

mick607

Changing Doctors.
« on: Oct 23, 2019, 09:42:47 PM »
Me & the wife signed up at a new Drs practice today & was quite surprised when the usual dragon receptionist said the Doctors are FEMALE , we don't have MALE doctors !I'm not fussy I said, a doctor is a doctor.Whatever next a gay doctor for a gay patient,? an Indian doctor for an Indian patient ?Typical PC madness again I fear.

Sheila

Re: Changing Doctors.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2019, 10:15:14 PM »
I would have thought that it would be against the law to ban male doctors.  I think, in medical matters, one should be able to choose the sex of our doctor.

mick607

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2019, 10:23:23 PM »
Like I said I.n not fussy. A doctor is a doctor.

zoony

« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2019, 10:50:19 PM »
I changed surgeries a year or two back and the doctors there are all female. I have no problem with that. The only male professional is an excellent physiotherapist. A much better experience than my ex male-dominated practice.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Raven

« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2019, 11:15:30 PM »
We have a mix of both male and female Doctors, I'm glad too as I sometimes ask for an appointment with a female one. I'd be very ill at ease at times, not to mention embarrassed if I was forced to see a male Doctor.

Alex22

« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2019, 11:46:09 PM »
We have male and female doctos too, sometimes it's hard to get an appointment with a female doctor as a couple of them only work part time.

brian54

« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2019, 08:10:38 AM »
I have never had a male doctor. My daughters asked if i could go with their doctors.
My son in law is a doctor. They are not supposed to treat their family.

Scrumpy

« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2019, 08:42:42 AM »

I do not care what sex, race, colour or gender my doctor is as long as they are there when I need help.
 Last time I went to the doctor I saw a delightful Turkish lady..  She looked far too young through my old eyes.. She was one of the best doctors I have met in many a year..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

sparky

« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2019, 09:40:05 AM »
Far more important for me, is if they can  speak English properly, rather than what sex.

biglouis

« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2019, 04:11:19 PM »
One thing about going to a large clinic in an ethnic area is that there are doctors of various ethnic groups and both sexes. Personally I dont care - a doctor is a doctor. I imagine some of the veiled ladies DO care a lot.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #10 on: Oct 24, 2019, 08:46:30 PM »
I would have thought that it would be against the law to ban male doctors.  I think, in medical matters, one should be able to choose the sex of our doctor.

That's quite easy to solve. Everyone is now entitled to decide on a hourly/daily/weekly basis what gender they want to be known/described/accepted as. A female doctor says that she decided this morning to want to be known and accepted as a male doctor for the day - normal service will resume tomorrow.

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: Oct 24, 2019, 09:36:41 PM »
Well every time I've felt like a woman I've been able to find one.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Goingtoseed

« Reply #12 on: Oct 25, 2019, 12:03:17 AM »
Well every time I've felt like a woman I've been able to find one.

Where? I'm sure that there are many on here that would want to know

zoony

« Reply #13 on: Oct 25, 2019, 12:12:51 AM »
  Not sure you're right about that GTS. Who was it said "Value peace where you find it." ?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.