Author Topic: historical digs,  (Read 798 times)

Alfred

historical digs,
« on: Oct 25, 2019, 08:05:00 AM »
When ever time team are shown on the t.v my wife has said to me I would love to go on a dig.

evidently she likes the idea of digging away hoping to find some relic or other which would make her day, as for me I would find it boring as I wouldn't have the patience to dig away for hours on end, and most likely finding nothing of interest or value,. ??

Q: so would you like to go on a dig, or do you find it boring like me, of course not everyone's like me,

sparky

Re: historical digs,
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2019, 08:44:07 AM »
Alf, If your wife would like to go on a dig, my back garden could do with a good dig to remove the millions of weeds, but the only relic she would be likely to see, is me, when I take her tea and biscuits every so often,  ;D ;D ;D

Alfred

« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2019, 10:39:21 AM »
nice one sparky , I did laugh at your remark,...…..

Raven

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2019, 12:14:45 PM »
We had a look around one over on Orkney at the Ness of Brodgar, looked really interesting and they had found some great things, including human bones and what they believed was part of an ancient standing stone.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2019, 01:51:55 PM »
When ever time team are shown on the t.v my wife has said to me I would love to go on a dig.

evidently she likes the idea of digging away hoping to find some relic or other which would make her day, as for me I would find it boring as I wouldn't have the patience to dig away for hours on end, and most likely finding nothing of interest or value,. ??

Q: so would you like to go on a dig, or do you find it boring like me, of course not everyone's like me,

There are plenty of deconsecrated church graveyards. There will be many old relics 6' down!

Alex22

« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2019, 01:54:30 PM »
Not for me thanks  ;D

prestbury

« Reply #6 on: Oct 28, 2019, 12:12:10 AM »
my back garden could do with a good dig

Phone the Police and tell them you suspect a body may be buried there. They will do a dig that will exceed your expectations  ;D

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Oct 28, 2019, 12:22:31 AM »
..And empty your tea-caddy..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

sparky

« Reply #8 on: Oct 28, 2019, 07:59:31 AM »

Phone the Police and tell them you suspect a body may be buried there. They will do a dig that will exceed your expectations

Nah too risky, they would dig quite deep, and might  come across my three ex wives

Goingtoseed

« Reply #9 on: Nov 03, 2019, 12:01:13 AM »

Phone the Police and tell them you suspect a body may be buried there. They will do a dig that will exceed your expectations

Nah too risky, they would dig quite deep, and might  come across my three ex wives

Certainly risky. Why did you bury them? There are many other permanent ways of disposing of people?

zoony

« Reply #10 on: Nov 03, 2019, 12:44:35 AM »
Report from the archaelogical team looking for Richard III. "Acting on a hunch they dug up the car park..." Now that's a historical dig... ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Scrumpy

« Reply #11 on: Nov 03, 2019, 05:39:37 PM »
I think there are a few bodies in the cement used to build the columns over motor ways.. Way back then the crooks of our time were known to do this..

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.