Author Topic: Bodies found in container lorry  (Read 1330 times)

zoony

Re: Bodies found in container lorry
« Reply #30 on: Oct 26, 2019, 10:44:42 PM »
Charged with manslaughter, not murder. Important difference though the associated crimes are interesting too. Three other people presently in custody. If you Google UK News you'll find more.
" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites

Scrumpy

« Reply #31 on: Oct 27, 2019, 08:47:07 AM »

So incredibly sad.. Many were youngsters who came from the same village in Vietnam.
  Parents have lost their children but will spend a lifetime paying back the thousands they borrowed to try and give their children a better life..

The b*stards that did this should be given life sentences.. Perhaps if our boarder checks were more stringent this wouldn't happen.. The countries that these people have passed through should all be heavily fined because of their laziness they have allowed this to happen.
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2019, 09:39:21 AM by Scrumpy »
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

digitalis

« Reply #32 on: Oct 27, 2019, 09:01:39 AM »
Is it 10k the people smugglers are asking families or individuals to get over to GB? That or 15k? Well,its a substantial sum,the more so if you come from a underdeveloped country.

Above said,you don't make that decision likely. You don't want to waste 15k. You expect to profit by it and secure that money with the hope of making more,maybe gaining residency,maybe even getting your friends over to make their lives better.

You do not make this decision on a whim: unless yer bonkers.

How do you make your 15k gamble? You must obviously do research and have feed back on this gamble paying off. I suggest that through a simple but complex series of mathematical tabulations and anecdotal evidence, GB must be one of the top ten nations to get into to stay and make dosh.

I guess if I wanted to get into a country to stay and make dosh I'd be looking at statistics.

The good thing for me to look at about GB is its language: everyone speaks English. The country now has become 'foreign': all nationalities,120 languages spoken. It is illegal and racist to 'call out' anyone of difference. Once IN,various NGAs will fight for me to remain gratis: the UK taxpayer will pick up the tab. Many GB employers welcome hard working lower paid employees because they can pay them less and it undercuts the local work force and its pay and conditions.
Once IN the country,its difficult to have an illegal thrown out: local contacts,and native(foreign)insiders will supply you with fake IDs,passports etc. To better to secure your tenure in your new country(as insurance) you will attend a local church wherein you will confess you were harassed because you were gay in your country of origin(this is best done in a Liberal constituency)

You will not have sought employment/nationality/more dosh in....say,Egypt,Somalia,...they will be exporting their own people to the UK

Don't try Australia. If caught they send you off to Manus island. Everyone doesn't giveit a try there these days

GrannyMac

« Reply #33 on: Oct 27, 2019, 09:22:01 AM »
Death in a sealed container is a horrible price to pay for trying to improve one's life. Who knows what we would do for our families.  I hope the word spreads around the areas the traffickers have been targeting, and people no longer choose to take these risks.

I agree Scrumpy, serious sentencing for the traffickers.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Aesop

mick607

« Reply #34 on: Oct 27, 2019, 10:45:22 AM »
No one seems to mention the fact that these illegal immigrants were attempting to enter the UK illegally they knew full well they had no right to enter this way. They knew the risks involved.
Let this tragedy be a warning to other illegal immigrants thinking of coming here the risks involved could cost them their lives.
This country needs to toughen up like Australia & put a stop to the snowflake underclass that is slowly destroying the UK.
Leave Means Leave !
[email protected]

Diasi

« Reply #35 on: Oct 27, 2019, 10:59:59 AM »
No one seems to mention the fact that these illegal immigrants were attempting to enter the UK illegally they knew full well they had no right to enter this way. They knew the risks involved.
Let this tragedy be a warning to other illegal immigrants thinking of coming here the risks involved could cost them their lives.
This country needs to toughen up like Australia & put a stop to the snowflake underclass that is slowly destroying the UK.

Now, now!!

I expect better of you than to suggest that people should shoulder any personal responsibility when there are a host of politically correct virtue-signallers who are anxious to deflect the blame onto all & sundry.

It's the UK's fault for making it harder for illegal immigrants to enter the country is a popular one because if we let them all come into the UK on Eurostar, unchecked of course, none of them would die in the attempt.

What the media is hushing up is that 61 illegal immigrants successfully entered the UK at the same time that the 39 illegal immigrants died.

If it is the fault of the UK, those to blame are the politically correct virtue-signallers who send out the message that anyone who wants to enter the UK illegally is welcome.
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2019, 11:03:58 AM by Diasi »
Make every day count. Every day is precious.

GrannyMac

« Reply #36 on: Oct 27, 2019, 11:02:37 AM »
I think you missed some of the earlier posts Mick.  More or less said the same as you.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Aesop

Floydian

« Reply #37 on: Oct 27, 2019, 12:23:57 PM »
The first identified girls parents are saying it cost over £30,000 to have her "smuggled" over here. Couldn't they have just bought a plane/ship ticket? Maybe she couldn't get a passport? Seems odd...
Ha ha, charade you are...

biglouis

« Reply #38 on: Oct 27, 2019, 12:26:07 PM »
I agree 100% with "Mick" that these people have to shoulder some responsibility for putting themselves in harms way and travelling to a country where they are neither wanted nor welcome.
I was watching breakfast TV a few days ago and a man who admits he was himself trafficked by smugglers from Afghanistan was complaining that there were not enough "safe and humane" ways for illegals like him to get into the country. Well excuse me but you admit you broke our laws and came here to parasite on the tax payer and now you are whining about what this country - (which allowed you to stay and prosper) - does and does not have? If I had been there in the studio I would have told him to Get Back to Afghanistan!
He who laughs last never got the joke in the first place!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #39 on: Oct 27, 2019, 12:40:25 PM »
Me too
mike
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #40 on: Oct 27, 2019, 02:31:17 PM »
Apparently there was a convoy of three lorries bound for the UK,  can we surmise the other two landed safely ?

Diasi

« Reply #41 on: Oct 27, 2019, 02:34:38 PM »
Apparently there was a convoy of three lorries bound for the UK,  can we surmise the other two landed safely ?

As I said, 61 have made it to the UK but the media have kept it pretty much hushed up.
Make every day count. Every day is precious.

Audrine

« Reply #42 on: Oct 27, 2019, 04:59:29 PM »
Yes! so true that these people knew the risk they took to get into the country, Why oh why do they do it? However, I am sure they did not realize the outcome,
Maybe others ready to take the risk will re=consider,but I doubt it.Audrine

Were these people from Vietnam? I am rather surprised they did not choose the US, but that is a long route I suppose.

Scrumpy

« Reply #43 on: Oct 27, 2019, 05:16:03 PM »
The first identified girls parents are saying it cost over £30,000 to have her "smuggled" over here. Couldn't they have just bought a plane/ship ticket? Maybe she couldn't get a passport? Seems odd...

Couldn’t they have just bought a plane/ship ticket.?

How easy that would be.. These people live in the poorest part of Vietnam.. They are lured into taking out loans of many thousand pounds.. The loan ( with interest) never gets paid off.. They will die in debt.. They believe that their children will have a BETTER life.. Being a mum I find that heartbreaking..
 How lucky we are when the biggest worry for some is BREXIT.. or what to buy for dinner..
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

StephenM123

« Reply #44 on: Oct 27, 2019, 05:40:29 PM »
I am puzzled - the people charged with manslaughter have been given bail. Why - hope it is not a shortage of police to keep them in cells. Twenty years ago I was a witness for a serious criminal case. The person concerned was given  bail.and last seen in the Bahamas!