Author Topic: Bodies found in container lorry  (Read 10696 times)

biglouis

Bodies found in container lorry
« on: Oct 25, 2019, 09:28:34 AM »
As usual the police are being heavy handed arresting the driver when its not clear he did anything wrong, raiding his home/parents home etc. It looks like all he did was take his trailer to pick up a container.

Instead we should be working with the authorities in the country where these people came from to track down and punish the families who encouraged/arranged/paid for their children to be trafficked to a country where they are not wanted and will encounter only hatred.

One of my nephews is a long distance lorry driver who regularly crosses  from Callais to Dover and he and his mates keep baseball bats and machetes in their cabs to discourage unwelcome "passengers".

These people jump on a boat/lorry etc in bongo bongo land, come to grief and we are supposed to feel sorry for them.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Scrumpy

Re: Bodies found in container lorry
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2019, 09:35:51 AM »
[quote author=biglouis link=topic=21916.msg395499#msg395499 date=15719

These people jump on a boat/lorry etc in bongo bongo land, come to grief and we are supposed to feel sorry for them.

You are all heart.. Anyone putting themselves in such a precarious situation just to get a (chance) elsewhere deserves a bit of respect..

I don't know where you did your schooling but I can assure you there is no such place as Bongo Bongo land .. and there's me with just an old secondary school education..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

biglouis

« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2019, 09:45:13 AM »
You would see this small island country over run by even more of the unwanted trash of the world!

I see this has been extensively discussed on another thread and many of the posters express similar views about illegals not being wanted in this country.

We should initiate an immigration policy similar to that of Australia. Instead of nice warm and cosy islands off the coast of PNG to dump the illegals we could use some of the cold and windy uninhabited islands off the coast of Scotland where life would be a lot less comfortable. Drop them a few tents and basic supplies and them let them fight it out as to who survives.

biglouis

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2019, 10:00:02 AM »
I too had only a secondary school education until I went to uni as a mature student and earned more degrees and qualifications than most people have had hot dinners.

Bongo-bongo Land) is a pejorative term used to refer to Third World countries, particularly in Africa, or to a fictional such country.I make no apology for its use.

I see this has been extensively discussed on another thread and many of the posters express similar views about illegals not being wanted in this country.You would see this small island country over run by even more of the unwanted trash of the world!

We should initiate an immigration policy similar to that of Australia. Instead of nice warm and cosy islands off the coast of PNG to dump the illegals we could use some of the cold and windy uninhabited islands off the coast of Scotland where life would be a lot less comfortable. Drop them a few tents and basic supplies and them let them fight it out as to who survives.

StephenM123

« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2019, 10:21:03 AM »
I am unsure what type of vehicle they were found in. Different news reports quote a container and another report a refrigeration lorry - very different vehicles. Also it is not clear how they died; lack of food and water, suffocation or being frozen. One cannot imagine the horrors they went through.

I hope the police catch those responsible and they receive harsh sentences. We cannot really imagine what drove the deceased to take this dreadful risk. Whilst I agree the UK is full up I cannot condemn them but only the traffickers. May the poor souls RIP.

Bee

« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2019, 11:38:13 AM »
Biglouis

You are not a Daily Mail reader by any chance with their disgusting comments. >:( >:( :o :o

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/media/daily-mail-readers-responses-to-39-people-who-died-in-lorry-is-shocking/24/10/
The only way is up....

Scrumpy

« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2019, 12:37:47 PM »
I too had only a secondary school education until I went to uni as a mature student and earned more degrees and qualifications than most people have had hot dinners.

'More degrees and qualifications than most people have had hot dinners'

You might have MORE degrees and QUALIFICATIONS than most people have had hot dinners.. Unfortunately you are lacking in compassion and choice of words .

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Scrumpy

« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2019, 12:39:01 PM »
Biglouis

You are not a Daily Mail reader by any chance with their disgusting comments. >:( >:( :o :o

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/media/daily-mail-readers-responses-to-39-people-who-died-in-lorry-is-shocking/24/10/

Bee.. I AM A DAILY MAIL READER. ;D ;D ;D

Bee

« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2019, 12:43:15 PM »
Ooops!  ;D ;D ;D

On a more serious note Scrumpy, I can't imagine you writing any of those disgusting comments from the Daily mail readers.
The only way is up....

Scrumpy

« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2019, 12:46:10 PM »

I never would Bee.. I was brought up well by my mother..

I just like the crosswords and puzzles in the Mail..

Bee

« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2019, 12:49:00 PM »

I never would Bee.. I was brought up well by my mother..

I just like the crosswords and puzzles in the Mail..

Same for me Scrumpy.
The only way is up....

Butterpuff

« Reply #11 on: Oct 25, 2019, 12:57:14 PM »

'More degrees and qualifications than most people have had hot dinners'

You might have MORE degrees and QUALIFICATIONS than most people have had hot dinners.. Unfortunately you are lacking in compassion and choice of words .
Scrumpy...I agree with you 100%....I don't want anymore illegal immigrants in our country...but nobody should have to end their lives in that way,

Scrumpy

« Reply #12 on: Oct 25, 2019, 12:57:58 PM »
You would see this small island country over run by even more of the unwanted trash of the world!

I see this has been extensively discussed on another thread and many of the posters express similar views about illegals not being wanted in this country.

Perhaps you could explain as to why you call them TRASH...

No,I don't wish to have my country overrun with yet more humans..  and that is exactly what they are HUMANS..  Why call them names.. ? You set a bad example to our young..

Scrumpy

« Reply #13 on: Oct 25, 2019, 12:59:55 PM »
Scrumpy...I agree with you 100%....I don't want anymore illegal immigrants in our country...but nobody should have to end their lives in that way,

They are poor souls..  'There, but for the Grace of God, go I'..

GrannyMac

« Reply #14 on: Oct 25, 2019, 01:04:28 PM »

They are poor souls..  'There, but for the Grace of God, go I'..

And I.

(Waits for the 'snowflake' comments)
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais