Author Topic: repeated news and t.v shows.  (Read 243 times)

Alfred

repeated news and t.v shows.
« on: Oct 31, 2019, 07:49:22 AM »
When ever I look at news papers on line I see the same piece of news repeated yet again, and I wonder most likely that the editors have run out of the latest news and fill the gaps by repeating all the old stuff all over again,

I'm pleased I don't buy news papers any more, its bad enough seeing t.v shows being repeated some shows well over thirty years ago, yet for young people seeing these old antiquated shows think most likely that what they are seeing is some thing new not some thing most likely older than many of them selves,

yet strangely enough some t.v shows .one on the other day was of Perry mason, how long ago was it when he was first shown on our screens ,

how ever the story lines in many of his shows were good , and entertaining but today less and less shows are around, almost as if  the  script writers have run out of ideas, mid summer murders are repeated regularly, amongst others,

Q; do you have any comments when it comes to repeated news or t.v shows,

Michael Rolls

Re: repeated news and t.v shows.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2019, 08:17:55 AM »
What really irritates is the number of times - especially of ITV3 - a programme will appear within a few days of its most recent appearance - I am a great fan of Poirot, of which ITV3 usually shows three episodes a day. Given my ability to doze off in front of almost anything on TV I record them. Looked at today's offerings - all three have already appeared earlier this week!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Butterpuff

Re: repeated news and t.v shows.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2019, 06:16:38 PM »
if there's nothing better on the telly, I don't mind watching a repeat, but when it comes to the 3rd and 4th time round, ..... :'(