Author Topic: Graffiti,  (Read 63 times)

Alfred

Graffiti,
« on: Nov 01, 2019, 07:56:57 AM »
It seems there are some really talented people around, who sadly have to paint on buildings, railway arches, and run down areas where the graffiti artist can show off his, or her skills, drawing what is known a art in some form or other,

how ever seeing trains  going along with graffiti being drawn on the sides of the carriages' and almost where ever a blank wall is found, eventually a drawing or sign/s will end up being drawn , some hideous others really good, to look at,

so what is it that makes some of these talented people want to show off their skills on walls, buildings and bridges or any where were the public is bound to see them,

Q; So what views do you have regarding graffiti in general,

Michael Rolls

Re: Graffiti,
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2019, 09:18:20 AM »
Bloody vandalism
Mike
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2019, 12:06:27 PM »
I don't like graffiti either, although sometimes it has its uses covering up grubby walls.  I'm thinking of a building as you come into Warrington, the whole wall is painted pink and has an eye with a single tear drop - it's quite effective and has been there for over 20 years.

Raven

« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2019, 12:10:42 PM »
Some years back I remember reading about a Council who was so sick of cleaning it up they decided to put huge whitewashed boards in a corner of a big park especially for the artists. every so often they were given a coat of whitewash for the artists to start again. It was a success as they all gathered there and left the rest of the town alone.