Author Topic: going out for a meal.  (Read 90 times)

Alfred

going out for a meal.
« on: Nov 02, 2019, 02:17:57 PM »
O.k so a relative has turn up at your door and you have decided to take him/her out for a meal in your favourite restaurant ,as a nice surprise,

you have quickly arranged for a table for two. later you arrive at the restaurant, and are seated at the table,.

so what meal are you going to order, including wine to end a nice meal ,

so what did you order, with optional tea or coffee afterwards,

your turn,

Traveller

Re: going out for a meal.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2019, 03:47:27 PM »
Friends are welcome any time.  Relatives are by appointment.

Supposing it was a friend.. that would still be a problem.  Not many restaurants round here so I'd have to  drive and would have to be careful about drinking.   Still there's a new Thai restaurant opening up  20 mins drive from here, so I think I'd give it a try. Otherwise there's a seafood restaurant another 5 mins away that's been recommended.
You climbed on the ladder with the wind in your sails,
You came like a comet blazing your trail

Butterpuff

« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2019, 04:33:17 PM »
we have quite a few restaurants around here,maybe chinese,or the more traditional,...I might have vegetarian or chicken done in a white wine sauce,,,,and of course a nice glass..or two of red wine....a sweet only if I have room left for it

Floydian

« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2019, 05:23:04 PM »
We've got a friend coming round on monday and we're off to our local pub for a meal. I'm fancying the gammon with two fried eggs with chips and peas. I like to have pineapple with gammon normally but you can only have it or the egg option, not both. Might have an apple crumble for afters....

Ha ha, charade you are...

Jacqueline

« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2019, 05:47:36 PM »

I love carvery with lots of different vegetables (well cooked, not shown the water) crispy roast potatoes and a nutroast.  Fruit crumble with custard for pud.

Unfortunatly a lot of the food pubs round here are doggy friendly, I do object to eating my dinner surrounded by strangers dogs as happened recently, more dogs than humans. I like dogs, but don't want to eat among them, why would a dog owner go out to eat with their poor old dog sitting under the table surrounded by diners with no food of his own, not very fair on the dog.