Author Topic: going out for a meal.  (Read 297 times)

Alfred

going out for a meal.
« on: Nov 02, 2019, 02:17:57 PM »
O.k so a relative has turn up at your door and you have decided to take him/her out for a meal in your favourite restaurant ,as a nice surprise,

you have quickly arranged for a table for two. later you arrive at the restaurant, and are seated at the table,.

so what meal are you going to order, including wine to end a nice meal ,

so what did you order, with optional tea or coffee afterwards,

your turn,

Traveller

Re: going out for a meal.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2019, 03:47:27 PM »
Friends are welcome any time.  Relatives are by appointment.

Supposing it was a friend.. that would still be a problem.  Not many restaurants round here so I'd have to  drive and would have to be careful about drinking.   Still there's a new Thai restaurant opening up  20 mins drive from here, so I think I'd give it a try. Otherwise there's a seafood restaurant another 5 mins away that's been recommended.
You'll have had your tea.

Butterpuff

« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2019, 04:33:17 PM »
we have quite a few restaurants around here,maybe chinese,or the more traditional,...I might have vegetarian or chicken done in a white wine sauce,,,,and of course a nice glass..or two of red wine....a sweet only if I have room left for it

Floydian

« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2019, 05:23:04 PM »
We've got a friend coming round on monday and we're off to our local pub for a meal. I'm fancying the gammon with two fried eggs with chips and peas. I like to have pineapple with gammon normally but you can only have it or the egg option, not both. Might have an apple crumble for afters....

"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

Jacqueline

« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2019, 05:47:36 PM »

I love carvery with lots of different vegetables (well cooked, not shown the water) crispy roast potatoes and a nutroast.  Fruit crumble with custard for pud.

Unfortunatly a lot of the food pubs round here are doggy friendly, I do object to eating my dinner surrounded by strangers dogs as happened recently, more dogs than humans. I like dogs, but don't want to eat among them, why would a dog owner go out to eat with their poor old dog sitting under the table surrounded by diners with no food of his own, not very fair on the dog.