Author Topic: Only women have babies.  (Read 2352 times)

biglouis

Re: Only women have babies.
« Reply #15 on: Nov 04, 2019, 05:02:59 PM »
If I had my choice I would never have been a woman.

It appears to me that with all the sawded business of periods and childbirth women always get the "dirty" end of the stick while men get off scott free. With all our science we should be able to organize something better and less inconvenient. Women are degraded and imprisoned by their own biology.

I have NEVER fallen for the idea that it is some kind of privilage to be able to drag kids into the world. When I hear a child cry I dont feel an irresistable urge to comfort the thing. Rather to stuff a sock in its mouth.
When I was younger I used to think other women had something I lacked - that god left some of the bits out when she made me. Now I know I have something that they lack.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

GrannyMac

« Reply #16 on: Nov 04, 2019, 10:56:54 PM »
Childbirth can be pretty bad, but the rewards were worth it for me.  Hard work bringing up a family, I'm not the most selfless person, but we've got two pretty decent offspring, and the icing on the cake is the grandkids.

We don't all want the same out of life, being childless and/or single suits some people better than others.  What do you think we lack?

Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Bee

« Reply #17 on: Nov 04, 2019, 11:05:16 PM »
After reading reply no.15  , I'd best keep my mouth zipped. :o
The only way is up....

biglouis

« Reply #18 on: Nov 04, 2019, 11:07:46 PM »
I have not been conned into thinking that a woman's primary purpose is to drop kids. Even an incompetent mental defective can give birth.

Interesting that somone who has never had to go through the horrific ordeal of childhood should be the most vocal.

Men have it so bl***y easy.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

zoony

« Reply #19 on: Nov 04, 2019, 11:49:51 PM »
How would you know? You've as much experience of being a man as I have of being a woman. I think it's common for each to think the other has it better and twas ever thus but some of us don't fit the mould. Nearly but not quite. Normally I enjoy the difference as I suspect you do BL.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #20 on: Nov 05, 2019, 06:20:49 AM »
I have not been conned into thinking that a woman's primary purpose is to drop kids. Even an incompetent mental defective can give birth.

Interesting that somone who has never had to go through the horrific ordeal of childhood should be the most vocal.

Only the hard of thinking would believe that's our primary purpose nowadays. Although it was for the majority in the past, women of our daughters' and granddaughters' generations are not defined either by marriage or motherhood.   Choice is the difference. Freely available contraception and education has stopped (or greatly reduced) the unnecessary and unwanted multiple pregnancies that wore women out in the past.

Women have achieved equality in the workplace, to a great extent, although there are still some barriers.  So now women generally don't have to rely on a man for financial support. We've had women Prime Ministers, one of whom was a mother.  And we have greater life expectancy. 

R. Gervais

mick607

« Reply #21 on: Nov 05, 2019, 08:05:05 AM »

It can't be that bad giving birth because most women don't stop after the first one.

Scrumpy

« Reply #22 on: Nov 05, 2019, 09:01:56 AM »

I think biglouis is right..
 Who on earth would want to 'drag kids into the world'.! and when the thing cries ! So much easier to 'Stuff a sock in to it's mouth' :o

How I wish I had known all this before I chose to have children..  ;D
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

xetog

« Reply #23 on: Nov 05, 2019, 09:03:09 AM »
Biglouis.  I think we have all been through childhood but perhaps that was a slip and you meant childbirth.  I agree with zoony that none of us can completely put ourselves in the place of others particularly where the difference is a gender one. As a man I would say that the responsibility of always providing for a family comes pretty high on the list and as far as pain is concerned, I don't know how to compare experiences.  I was not keen on children, but luckily my wife was very driven (luckily because I enjoyed the sex), but now they are both grown, although without them we would be much richer  our joy would have been far less.  Both don't want children and I am OK with that, but my wife would love grandchildren.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Scrumpy

« Reply #24 on: Nov 05, 2019, 09:04:17 AM »
I didn't, I'm not that daft  8)

I am.. But I had no choice Alex.. I was tied to the bed.. ;)
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

GrannyMac

« Reply #25 on: Nov 05, 2019, 11:28:04 AM »

Ooo er....  TMI Scrumpy 😋

R. Gervais

Alex22

« Reply #26 on: Nov 05, 2019, 03:27:48 PM »

So was I on occasions, voluntarily of course  ;D