Author Topic: Seven Worlds One Planet  (Read 1584 times)

Sheila

Seven Worlds One Planet
« on: Nov 03, 2019, 07:35:05 PM »
Is anyone else watching this?  It is fabulous - what photography.  The camera people must be so patient.

Scrumpy

Re: Seven Worlds One Planet
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2019, 07:42:16 PM »
I have just watched it.. I wasn’t intending to.. I just looked up when I was doing something else and I never looked back down..
 It is brilliant..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Sheila

« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2019, 08:15:51 PM »
I want that baby monkey with the blue face  ;D

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2019, 08:59:14 PM »
That is no way to speak of Jeremy Corbyn
Mike  ;D
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Sheila

« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2019, 09:40:21 PM »
I definitely don't want Jeremy Corbyn.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2019, 10:02:47 PM »
Very wise
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Scrumpy

« Reply #6 on: Nov 04, 2019, 12:43:00 PM »

Talking about babies.. When my son was born my next door neighbour , after looking at my (cute) baby, said 'He looks like Bing Crosby.'  ;D
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

xetog

« Reply #7 on: Nov 05, 2019, 01:03:06 PM »
A paternity suit followed I hope?

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

xetog

« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2019, 01:04:51 PM »
I have watched it and also marvel at the technique, expertise and often bravery of the photographers, but how many times do we have to watch similar shots of killer wales, seals and penguins?

Mike.X

Sheila

« Reply #9 on: Nov 05, 2019, 02:37:45 PM »
I have watched it and also marvel at the technique, expertise and often bravery of the photographers, but how many times do we have to watch similar shots of killer wales, seals and penguins?

Mike.X

I think it was quite exceptional even though we may have seen something similar before.  My daughter swam with orcas (and their babies) when she was on a diving holiday in Indonesia.  While the captain of the boat was trying to decide if it was safe, a few of them made their own decision and gave it a go.

I have told her to watch the programme and maybe think twice about doing it again!

Xetog, how is your leg?  Is the house move on or off?

xetog

« Reply #10 on: Nov 05, 2019, 03:10:32 PM »
Hi Sheila.
I have just completed 5 weekly sessions of larval therapy and now simply have a huge 2" hole in my leg and am attending 3 sessions a week for it to be 'packed' in order to promote the flesh to grow back again.  Considering it happened 3 months ago and they tell me I have 3 months to go, its a long drawn out process.  The move is still on.  We are on our 3rd attempt/property but have found that past owners have misappropriated a large chunk of council owned land and fenced it in so we are waiting for that to be solved, hoping to keep our buyers on the hook.  Very stressful.

Mike.X

Sheila

« Reply #11 on: Nov 05, 2019, 03:56:58 PM »
Both problems sound pretty awful.  Let's hope they are resolved soon. 

We know someone and she and her neighbours have some woods (council owned) behind them.  Some of the neighbours have moved their garden fences a bit to gain more garden and have told her that after x number of years have passed, the land becomes theirs.  Sounds a bit dodgy to me.

xetog

« Reply #12 on: Nov 05, 2019, 04:32:50 PM »
Its called Advantageous Possession (squatters rights) and the period is generally 12 years, but the rules are not straight forward.  The law is a little vague about who did what and when.  You can't expect a council to inspect every square inch of land it owns as many who thought they had squatters rights over council owned land have found.

In our case it can be shown that the Council knew and acquiesced to the annexing of the land, it even gave planning permission to move the fence in 2001, but it is not shown on the title deeds and so the position is not as clear.  There may be some condition somewhere that the land can be used but is liable to be cleared if the council so decides.  A very unsatisfactory position as this represents over 20% of the plot.  the house is great though and just what we want.

Mike.X

GrannyMac

« Reply #13 on: Nov 06, 2019, 01:37:56 PM »
In one new build house we owned, there was a paved path down the side to the next street. Unfortunately it had rough grass verges which some dog walkers encouraged the animals to use.  After a couple of years my OH moved the fence outwards. The neighbour in the house on the other side of the path did the same.  It looked far neater, and no dog poo.  That was over forty years ago, and the fences remain.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #14 on: Nov 06, 2019, 01:43:46 PM »
Its called Advantageous Possession (squatters rights) and the period is generally 12 years, but the rules are not straight forward.  The law is a little vague about who did what and when.  You can't expect a council to inspect every square inch of land it owns as many who thought they had squatters rights over council owned land have found.

Mike.X

Actually it's called Adverse Possession, whereby ownership of land is claimed without an existing deed in favour of the claimant, who bases a claim on the occupancy of the land.

I had to point it out to a local business park who'd let some travellers graze horses on an unused part of the park & they'd fenced off a large area.

It's just another example of the archaic UK needing to be dragged into the 21st Century, with a change to the law of land ownership.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)