Author Topic: banking on line,  (Read 2816 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: banking on line,
« Reply #30 on: Nov 06, 2019, 12:18:01 PM »
Well, I've had the car washed - now I'm frightened to take it out again in case it gets dirty
MIke  ;D ;D ;D
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Goingtoseed

« Reply #31 on: Nov 06, 2019, 11:27:29 PM »
I bank on line which is quite useful. I check my account every day so I know if any thing should go missing. I use a debit card for most transactions, but I have a small amount of cash in the house to pay the milk man. I never use an ATM machine, for cash I get that by asking for cash back when I go shopping.

Checking your bank balance online every day??
You surely don't trust anybody.
I check mine at the end of the month.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #32 on: Nov 07, 2019, 03:25:34 AM »
I check every day as well. Long before online banking came along, my Midland account was raided to the tune of £1500. The bank eventually reimbursed me, and the police traced the money to a BS in Wales which was emptied the day after the money was deposited in it. I would have loved to be able to check daily back then. A lot can happen in a month
Mike

biglouis

« Reply #33 on: Nov 07, 2019, 03:29:33 AM »
I have a UK customer who still sends me cheques for things she sees in my online shops. First time she did this I had to ring the bank to ask what I should do with it as it was so long since I had used one. The customer services person said she had never seen a cheque.
Ive been banking online for at least 18 years. I keep very little cash in the house andf dont wear jewellery so any burglars will be deeply disappointed. I will kindly direct them to my Asian neighbours all of whom are likley to have gold jewellery, smart phones and cash around the house.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Yellowbird

« Reply #34 on: Nov 07, 2019, 07:05:09 AM »
I’ve never used a cash machine on the grounds that when you use a machine everyone then knows you have cash on you, rather dangerous I think
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

Michael Rolls

« Reply #35 on: Nov 07, 2019, 08:40:11 AM »
I hardly ever use cash machine - the nearest one now (used to be two a couple of miles away but they have been taken out) is a 14 mile round trip. As I mentioned earlier, at the beginning of each month - in fact the first Thursday, because the nearest bank only opens  on Thursdays - I draw out enough cash to last the month - usually a bit left over so goes in the pot. If I miscalculate and run out, I get 'cash back' from the local Co-op
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #36 on: Nov 07, 2019, 03:41:57 PM »
Many shops now have a cash back system which is helpful for them and customers. So I do not use an ATM machine, although there are several close to where I live.

JCBDriver

« Reply #37 on: Nov 07, 2019, 04:19:39 PM »
I do all my banking on-line. Never had any issues.
I opened a pure internet account with Starling just before our trip to US & Canada. The app tells you what you have spent and when in both currency's. I often knew how much I had spent before the card was returned.
I dont carry cash anymore, perhaps a tenner for the rare occasion where contactless is not available but certainly no shrapnel.

Coastal

« Reply #38 on: Nov 07, 2019, 05:32:57 PM »
I prefer cash for smaller transactions, especially when it's a shop/business that I've never used before.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......