Author Topic: This is upsetting to us never mind the owners.  (Read 2158 times)

brian54

This is upsetting to us never mind the owners.
« on: Nov 04, 2019, 05:10:23 PM »
www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/puppy-dies-of-heart-attack-after-being-frightened-by-fireworks/ar-AAJOLw1?li=AAnZ9Ug

Even Andy and Peter are sorry about this.
We do hope another doggy will take a place for their owners.
Our past dogs always have aa place with us.

Diasi

Re: This is upsetting to us never mind the owners.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2019, 05:26:49 PM »
www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/puppy-dies-of-heart-attack-after-being-frightened-by-fireworks/ar-AAJOLw1?li=AAnZ9Ug

Even Andy and Peter are sorry about this.
We do hope another doggy will take a place for their owners.
Our past dogs always have aa place with us.

It's upset me as well.

I just want to give little Molly a hug & apologise for thoughtless humans.

Still, on a more positive note, there will be a few humans in A&E, with firework injuries, so that evens it out a little bit.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2019, 05:28:09 PM »
Oh, that's awful. In her later years Fleur was a bit on the deaf side, so fireworks didn't bother her, but when we were children one of the cats used to go absolutely berserk at fireworks time
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2019, 07:23:28 PM »
On TV they were discussing in Scotland about more control or even a ban on some fireworks.  They need to do something, some of them sound like b*****  IEDs going off, horrendous.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-50226255

Scrumpy

« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2019, 07:27:13 PM »
Poor Bertie ..He hates them. He goes into the spare bedroom and hides under the bed..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Raven

« Reply #5 on: Nov 04, 2019, 07:32:24 PM »
What a horrible thing to happen to the wee soul, I was almost in tears reading it. I also worry about my Dageus as he gets in an awful state when he hears them, shaking, panting, sweating and almost on top of one of us .He's really terrified.

biglouis

« Reply #6 on: Nov 04, 2019, 08:48:24 PM »
I loathe the things and I would ban them entirely except for organized displays by responsible parties.

My nephew comes over on a tuesday and I asked him of it bothered him coming out on bonfire night. He said no as he always gets a taxi back anyway. They have a cat and last year it was quite a small kitten. Apparently he sat on the window ledge fascinated by the fireworks going off (the cat not my nephew). However they are in a 7th story flat so its not as if things are going "bang" next door.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Jacqueline

« Reply #7 on: Nov 05, 2019, 01:14:30 AM »
My poor old dog used to shake like a jelly until she was sick.

These modern fireworks are like bombs going off totally unnecessary, what happened to the golden fountains that we used to have they were priety and didn't go off with deafening bangs.

Even worse it's not just 5th November, it goes on for weeks, some people have money to send up in smoke.

Bee

« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2019, 07:20:41 AM »
Poor Bertie ..He hates them. He goes into the spare bedroom and hides under the bed..

The last dog I had was similar but she was the same with shotguns going off in the field opposite where we lived and heavy thunder going off so I could never blame her nervous disposition on fireworks alone, it was any very loud noise she didn't like.
The only way is up....

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9 on: Nov 05, 2019, 07:39:55 AM »

The last dog I had was similar but she was the same with shotguns going off in the field opposite where we lived and heavy thunder going off so I could never blame her nervous disposition on fireworks alone, it was any very loud noise she didn't like.
Bee
Now you mention that, the cat I wrote about used to go ballistic in thunderstorms as well as from fireworks - I'd forgotten that
Mike

Alfred

« Reply #10 on: Nov 05, 2019, 08:00:05 AM »
Its good to know that Sainsburys have stopped selling fireworks,  so I hope other shops and supermarkets will follow suite,.

Traveller

« Reply #11 on: Nov 05, 2019, 11:28:22 AM »
On TV they were discussing in Scotland about more control or even a ban on some fireworks.

This is typical of the brain dead SNP.  Their policy is that it's always easier to discriminate against the innocent than punish the guilty. 
You'll have had your tea.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #12 on: Nov 05, 2019, 12:09:44 PM »
Well, that's the useless SNP all over - report today shows that their much heralded curriculum changes have, surprises, surprise, had the exact opposite of the intent- the idea was to bring up children from poorer backgrounds up towards the achievement levels of those from wealthier backgrounds. Didn't work. In fact, the number of children from poorer backgrounds leaving school with no qualification at all has risen by 50%
There was a time when Wee Nippy invited voters to judge on her success in overseeing education - she seems a bit quiet on the subject, but I wait with bated breath for the explanation that :-
a. It's because the statistics are counted differently, and it's really a success story, or
b. It's all the fault of Westminster
Mike

Alex22

« Reply #13 on: Nov 05, 2019, 03:15:49 PM »
On TV they were discussing in Scotland about more control or even a ban on some fireworks.

This is typical of the brain dead SNP.  Their policy is that it's always easier to discriminate against the innocent than punish the guilty.
It's a start.

Raven

« Reply #14 on: Nov 05, 2019, 03:23:07 PM »
It's a start.

Big Phone In Discussion about this on Radio Scotland. More and more people have had enough of it going on and on also being so loud now. Nearly all who were talking were quite happy for the Organised Displays to continue, they could all cope with one night like it used to be. But more and more people want the public to not be able to get a hold of them.