Author Topic: Tax on fireworks.  (Read 1572 times)

brian54

Tax on fireworks.
« on: Nov 06, 2019, 02:05:01 PM »
I dont have cigarettes so it is good they are highly taxed. As fireworks are a nuisance and i dont use them prices should be quadrupled.

mick607

Re: Tax on fireworks.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2019, 03:10:39 PM »
I dont have cigarettes so it is good they are highly taxed. As fireworks are a nuisance and i dont use them prices should be quadrupled.
Why ?
Just because you don't like them.Have you asked Andy & Peter what they think, they might like them.

biglouis

« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2019, 05:17:45 PM »
If the price was quadrupled only organizations would then be able to afford them. I would ban the noisy things from public sale.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2019, 10:03:09 PM »
If the price was quadrupled only organizations would then be able to afford them. I would ban the noisy things from public sale.

I was just thinking the same thing earlier today.

There should be a 200% tax on fireworks which should go into an insurance fund from which those who suffer damage from fireworks can claim.

These people will have a hefty vets bill.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10286767/horse-scared-fireworks-bonfire-night-injured/
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Alex22

« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2019, 01:04:59 AM »
What a good idea Brian,  ;D

brian54

« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2019, 08:54:51 AM »
Why ?
Just because you don't like them.Have you asked Andy & Peter what they think, they might like them.
I have asked them but they did not reply. They were upset to see the dog had a heart attack as a result of fireworks. I showed them.

Ashy

« Reply #6 on: Nov 09, 2019, 10:16:05 AM »
Well now, I don't know what these animals would do if there was a war on.

Sheila

« Reply #7 on: Nov 09, 2019, 11:55:17 AM »
I found a coloured piece of jagged glass or maybe plastic in our front path.  I wondered if it had anything to do with the huge explosions that had been going on (some in the middle of the night) but just put it in the bin.
Next day I found a similar piece in the back garden so it must have something to do with the fireworks.  It looks as though it has broken from something circular but very dangerous.

Ashy

« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2019, 12:31:12 PM »
Fireworks are a nuisance and an entertainment. As a society we are never going to agree what to do about them. In my opinion they are expensive and I would rather look at electric lights. Communal displays are better than anything an individual is likely to produce, and fireworks are pretty expensive as it is without putting extra tax on them. If you want to ban private sales, make selling them illegal like drugs, don't kid us along with taxes. But remember some people make their living by making fireworks all year round, and they'll be sitting outside Morrison's with their dogs if they lose their jobs.

biglouis

« Reply #9 on: Nov 09, 2019, 06:02:34 PM »
Geeze am I suposed to feel sorry for people who make their living by making something that is both noisy and dangerous? No one holds a gun to their heads and forces them to do the job.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Ashy

« Reply #10 on: Nov 09, 2019, 06:49:28 PM »
You might take pity on their dog?  :) :)

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #12 on: Nov 10, 2019, 12:11:27 PM »
Queensland has taken what I would call an honest course to ban fireworks in private hands.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #13 on: Nov 10, 2019, 01:51:58 PM »
. But remember some people make their living by making fireworks all year round, and they'll be sitting outside Morrison's with their dogs if they lose their jobs.
And hoping not to meet Brian!
Mike  ;D ;D ;D
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

brian54

« Reply #14 on: Nov 10, 2019, 06:24:28 PM »
And hoping not to meet Brian!
Mike  ;D ;D ;D

I have been told people who made cigarettes have lost their jobs.