Author Topic: Pensions  (Read 413 times)

digitalis

Pensions
« on: Nov 07, 2019, 08:26:07 AM »
Most recently experienced,seen and heard:

Along at me humble cycling co-op almost all folk now have a portfolio of properties that they're renting out: folks I wooda never av thought wooda done so in'ta past;ordinary folk.

Wotsgoin-on!

Me own conclusions is that few folk get secured employment/pension rights these-adays. Also,as the government shape-shifts away from any responsibility in this area(and the legal profession is set up for the plebs to lose)people are fleeing to other forms of securing money for their old age: They certainly don't trust the banks or the investment firms(deeply entwined with one another)to look after their dosh.

T'other day I woz looking at the Lehmen brothers scandal. Then looking at Enron. Then Fred-the-Shred. How do they get away with it! Then,take a peeps at our lorded legals and sages. Follow the grease. Maybe this is a-why people are fleeing past established reputable insititutions as they've bin taken over by chancers and psychos.

Bricks and mortar. Something you can touch.

Most recently recorded: Government wants employers to contribute to employees pensions. Small biz outsources this biz to pensions biz which is run by the Big Boys who slice an dice out this work to others(all on bonus's). After everyone haz taken their cut...surpise,surpize!...there aint much left. Then it all goes belly up...and its back to the law courts to sort it out.Greasers involved with greasers. And we woz all told Saddam Hussein woz a villain!

Comedy capers!

Vladamir looks a saint compared to our shape-shifters.

Little wonder that anyone with any pennies is best trying to invest in something tangible. Then,with our population about to double in size...house prices and concrete prices...UP!!!

biglouis

Re: Pensions
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2019, 12:26:37 AM »
Smoke and mirrors my friend. Anyone who can keep their hard earned dosh out of the grubby hands of HMCR and that corrupt money grab called council tax etc has my respect.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

zoony

« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2019, 12:56:51 AM »
Most recently experienced,seen and heard:

Along at me humble cycling co-op almost all folk now have a portfolio of properties that they're renting out: folks I wooda never av thought wooda done so in'ta past;ordinary folk.

Wotsgoin-on!

Me own conclusions is that few folk get secured employment/pension rights these-adays. Also,as the government shape-shifts away from any responsibility in this area(and the legal profession is set up for the plebs to lose)people are fleeing to other forms of securing money for their old age: They certainly don't trust the banks or the investment firms(deeply entwined with one another)to look after their dosh.

T'other day I woz looking at the Lehmen brothers scandal. Then looking at Enron. Then Fred-the-Shred. How do they get away with it! Then,take a peeps at our lorded legals and sages. Follow the grease. Maybe this is a-why people are fleeing past established reputable insititutions as they've bin taken over by chancers and psychos.

Bricks and mortar. Something you can touch.

Most recently recorded: Government wants employers to contribute to employees pensions. Small biz outsources this biz to pensions biz which is run by the Big Boys who slice an dice out this work to others(all on bonus's). After everyone haz taken their cut...surpise,surpize!...there aint much left. Then it all goes belly up...and its back to the law courts to sort it out.Greasers involved with greasers. And we woz all told Saddam Hussein woz a villain!

Comedy capers!

Vladamir looks a saint compared to our shape-shifters.

Little wonder that anyone with any pennies is best trying to invest in something tangible. Then,with our population about to double in size...house prices and concrete prices...UP!!!

Loving the folksie hyperbole Dig and I agree with most of what you say, I think, but it's all been said here before and for all those many sayings, fings is very much wot vey ust to be...Still.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

digitalis

« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2019, 08:02:16 AM »
I just wondered what faith people here had in financial insititutions and regulators. For the 'regular man' with the SMEs the SMEs putting their money and the employees money into a prescribed investment manager who then sells it on to another financial investor who has sliced and diced it with others...I thought of the Lehman collapse. Because of the lack of faith in regulators and government,people nowadays would rather invest their money in things they can touch-and-hold: houses.
For those who don't have enough capital to purchase said above,....yer on yer own!

In a government job,yer fine: pension secured. But then again,where did I read some councils have invested in such funds as like Lehmans,that their pensions have gone down the Swanee.
(And does this mean council employee folk will suffer pensions reductions? Or are their pensions government backed,or the council just raises folks local rates?)

Just trying to make sense of it all. Just have this feeling its all-alike-a-Phillip Green £1 sell-off wherein the bottom shelf get shafted no matter what.

In't past their did seem some sense of honour and justice. But today? Who do you believe?

Goingtoseed

« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2019, 07:44:50 PM »
Smoke and mirrors my friend. Anyone who can keep their hard earned dosh out of the grubby hands of HMCR and that corrupt money grab called council tax etc has my respect.

Easy peasy. There are many legal ways of avoiding both. In fact it is well known that taxation is entirely voluntary.
As for councils - provided that you know and understand how they work from the inside it is easy to reduce your liability to almost nil.