Author Topic: Totally and utterly idiotic  (Read 501 times)

Michael Rolls

Totally and utterly idiotic
« on: Nov 07, 2019, 11:37:50 AM »
If, just for one fleeting moment, you thought that the UK was still a country where logic and common sense played some sort of part, even if a diminishing one, sadly be prepared to be disabused.
I am sure you remember the efforts of the clowns of Extinction Rebellion to bring London to a halt? Yes? How could one one forget? Now, they have suffered the full majesty of the law upon their miserable carcasses. Their punishment? Well, it's a bit hard to understand, but they have just won a case in the high court which will entitle them to £1 million compensation and are threatening to sue the Metropolitan POlice for wrongly arrest. Apparently wrecking the working days of hundreds of thousand of Londoners is OK with the court.
In Pickwick Papers, Sam Weller declared 'the law is a ass' Never has he been proved more right
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Raven

Re: Totally and utterly idiotic
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2019, 12:30:40 PM »
WOW.  :o Just blooming wow. Unbelievable.

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2019, 12:40:25 PM »
Totally agree.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2019, 01:39:53 PM »
Have you only just realised this?

The High Court judges have obviously got kids, or relatives / friends with kids, who are involved with Extinction Rebellion or who are sympathisers.

Just as with the Supreme Court & Brexit, the judges make decisions based on their personal interests.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Devonian

« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2019, 08:33:03 PM »
Echos of Nero fiddling....

Goingtoseed

« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2019, 11:23:59 PM »
If, just for one fleeting moment, you thought that the UK was still a country where logic and common sense played some sort of part, even if a diminishing one, sadly be prepared to be disabused.
I am sure you remember the efforts of the clowns of Extinction Rebellion to bring London to a halt? Yes? How could one one forget? Now, they have suffered the full majesty of the law upon their miserable carcasses. Their punishment? Well, it's a bit hard to understand, but they have just won a case in the high court which will entitle them to £1 million compensation and are threatening to sue the Metropolitan POlice for wrongly arrest. Apparently wrecking the working days of hundreds of thousand of Londoners is OK with the court.
In Pickwick Papers, Sam Weller declared 'the law is a ass' Never has he been proved more right
Mike

Even the police have to abide by the law of the land. If they choose to go round arresting people or illegally stopping a demonstration or even interfering with a demonstration then they will hold themselves open to a compensation claim. If I was arrested illegally then I would also sue their sorry backsides!
Everybody is fully entitled to peacefully demonstrate even if in doing so it shuts down the entire city for a couple of days. The demonstrators believe in what they are fighting for so what right is it of the police or the general public to say they can't?

zoony

« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2019, 11:35:58 PM »
  Why do people always quote Dickens when the Law goes against their opinion of what is or isn't right? It's plainly only of the 'Ass' variety a certain percentage of the time.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2019, 05:12:30 AM »
Surely this lot were 'obstructing a highway' not to mention stopping people from getting to work.  What about all the damage they caused spray painting buildings, dumping their rubbish, trespass  ?   I'm sure their case for wrongful arrest will be thrown out - one can only hope.   

Ashy

« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2019, 05:51:08 AM »
I think the court case refers to the blanket ban placed on their feeble demonstrations. Individuals who broke the law are unlikely to be exempt. If I were they I would lie low though.... Londoners don't like them very much.

Diasi

« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2019, 07:20:32 AM »
Even the police have to abide by the law of the land. If they choose to go round arresting people or illegally stopping a demonstration or even interfering with a demonstration then they will hold themselves open to a compensation claim. If I was arrested illegally then I would also sue their sorry backsides!
Everybody is fully entitled to peacefully demonstrate even if in doing so it shuts down the entire city for a couple of days. The demonstrators believe in what they are fighting for so what right is it of the police or the general public to say they can't?

If you had your arse super-glued to the road to disrupt the lawful passage along the Queen's highway, it wouldn't be a peaceful demonstration & you would be committing the offence of obstruction.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #10 on: Nov 08, 2019, 09:04:05 AM »
So as they believe in what they are doing, that makes obstruction, public nuisance, breaches of the peace, criminal damage, all of which these clowns have perpetrated OK in your book? Just
 where on earth do you get such ideas? Oh, and let's not bother with the loss of trade suffered by shopkeepers, emergency services delayed, danger to life and limb in those underground 'demonstrations' and, according to the Metropolitan Police a policing bill of £24 million just so these idiots can enjoy creating havoc.
I suggest that you reconsider your view of the matter
Mike

Butterpuff

« Reply #11 on: Nov 08, 2019, 09:55:13 AM »
and everybody is fully entitled to go to work and not be stopp from doing so by these lunatics

Michael Rolls

« Reply #12 on: Nov 08, 2019, 10:15:45 AM »
Absolutely - how come these clowns get with this sort of behaviour? 400 arrests - a quite right as well!!
Mike  >:( >:( >:(