Author Topic: At Last,more docs and nurses  (Read 192 times)

digitalis

At Last,more docs and nurses
« on: Nov 08, 2019, 07:01:23 AM »
Yes,at last more docs and nurses to come.

The docs will be employed by ATOS or similar: UC for workfare and the like. The nurses for the care homes.

Out-of-hours is another place you will meet many.

The bad news is for those seeking medical assessments,their spoken English and understanding of English idioms will be poor with the understanding(from Top Table down),that every claimant(or person seeking assistance)is a scrounger or no-hoper. Thus,they will dismiss or mis-diagnose those most vulnerable to help the NHS DWP keep costs down. It's both sad and good news: we get rid of the old and come-down on the oiks. Win-win. The good news is that no-one dare complain about these folk cos that would show yer racist,low scum. It's really well done.

In the care homes the elderly can be crammed in as shed cattle: there's money to be made here if you go about it correctly. In common rooms the elderly patients most intimate details will be talked over for all to hear. Bed places can be made in broom cupboards.

As experienced by myself and my now deceased mother. Just wot did they fight for?

PS No need to reply. Answers on postcards will be put straight in the bin. Unread! LOL :(

Alex22

Re: At Last,more docs and nurses
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2019, 02:58:18 PM »
One good thing is we could get Australian or Canadian doctors coming here.   It was easier for them to come here at one time, then the EU issued a directive that stopped the UK’s arrangements with Commonwealth countries.  EU doctors were then given full registration with the GMC, but not all of them could speak English and we've all read about some of the problems that arose.
So I think it will be great to have more Aussie doctors, here's hoping !

Ashy

« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2019, 03:19:52 PM »
Down girl. I agree, not just Australian doctors. Any Australian coming here to do useful work should be welcome because they are like us and they won't change the neighbourhood.

GrannyMac

« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2019, 08:08:02 PM »
India is part of the Commonwealth, as are lots of countries where the population isn't white.  Doctors are possibly more defined by education and class than by ethnicity.

Having said that the ability to communicate in plain English should be paramount.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2019, 09:55:10 PM »
  When I was a student nurse many of the male staff/students at one time, more in Psych, were Mauritian. That was late 60s..Good lads.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.