Author Topic: Do not use Premier Inn  (Read 817 times)

brian54

Do not use Premier Inn
« on: Nov 08, 2019, 07:49:10 AM »
I stayed at Premier Inn Barry and they said i had not paid for the breakfast and it took them over hour to find I had.
Obviously i want compensating for the time but after complaining to head office several times nothing has been done. They said i will have to take them to court in Luton.
They know it will not be cost effective and obviously are a bad company who do not care about their customers.

Scrumpy

Re: Do not use Premier Inn
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2019, 08:04:47 AM »

Brian.. It is not worth fighting these big firms..
 You are right to complain.. Obviously a mistake was made.. Just don't use them again ..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

brian54

« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2019, 10:06:50 AM »

You are right to complain.. Obviously a mistake was made.. Just don't use them again ..

I had to take my ex employers to court. They wanted to not pay £60,000 of my redundancy plus part of my pension.
I think they were surprised when I did.
I was awarded the £60,000 plus costs and the extra pension. The director contacted me and said they will pay me but he banned me from the company premises. He said why did I not approach him to avoid going to court,
The problem was I had contacted 6 directors and I thought that was more than sufficient.
He said he was surprised I would want to fall out with the company after 37 years service. I have not been within 6 miles of the company since I left and I don't want to go near the place.

Ashy

« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2019, 12:04:29 PM »
If you can demonstrate loss you can take them to a small claims court yourself. If the staff were reasonable and polite I wouldn't personally do that. Nor would I have one of their revolting breakfasts.

brian54

« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2019, 01:40:52 PM »
If you can demonstrate loss you can take them to a small claims court yourself. If the staff were reasonable and polite I wouldn't personally do that. Nor would I have one of their revolting breakfasts.
Problem is their head office is in Luton about 90 miles from where i live and they know it will cost me more to pursue it than what it is worth. They have also said they will not look at my complaint unless it comes through a solicitor.  Obviously it would waste time and money going to Luton and they know it. I was surprised my employers tried to avoid paying me £60,000
When i joined the company we were assured any payments they made would be correct. And we were told to not to take legal action as it wastes time and money.
They even said dont come to the company for a reference after  i won my case.

Scrumpy

« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2019, 01:47:07 PM »

I'm sure that if you bring out a claims/complaint against another person you can use a court near you.. Why on earth do you have to go to Luton..? Surely it's not up to them to dictate where the claims hearing is held..!
  It's like me telling someone down here that if they need to take me to the small claims court they have to use a Birmingham court..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Diasi

« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2019, 01:50:11 PM »

I'm sure that if you bring out a claims/complaint against another person you can use a court near you.. Why on earth do you have to go to Luton..? Surely it's not up to them to dictate where the claims hearing is held..!
  It's like me telling someone down here that if they need to take me to the small claims court they have to use a Birmingham court..

County Court cases are heard in the jurisdiction area where the claimant lives.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Cassandra

« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2019, 03:23:00 PM »

Make a claim via the County Court say £100. They most likely either won't defend it and you'll succeed in absence, or they'll pay out, or credit you in kind (free room etc) to avoid extra time and expense. Those who persist (minority) beyond the corporate brush off, see you in court etc rampart, traverse the 'customer dis-service dept'. Keep the claim realistic, as you might, just might have to explain how the delay incurred a justifiable cost?
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

mick607

« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2019, 07:46:00 PM »
I Think Brian just wants to brag about his £60K windfall that's all.One Premier Inn breakfast ? He's having a laugh  !

biglouis

« Reply #9 on: Nov 09, 2019, 12:11:57 AM »
Small claims are filed on the internet nowadays. Ive several times downloaded the documents and sent them (unsigned) along with a "Notice of further action" letter. In all cases the party paid up.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

brian54

« Reply #10 on: Nov 09, 2019, 12:40:44 PM »
I Think Brian just wants to brag about his £60K windfall that's all.One Premier Inn breakfast ? He's having a laugh  !
it was not a windfall. It was part of my contract which I went through. 60k was only part of the money I got.

Ashy

« Reply #11 on: Nov 09, 2019, 07:35:54 PM »
My wife and I stayed at a Premier Inn a few months ago and the staff were very helpful. It turned out that one of them was a part time limbo dancer, she bent over backwards to be helpful.