Author Topic: illegal immigrants, health checks,??  (Read 9434 times)

Goingtoseed

Re: illegal immigrants, health checks,??
« Reply #15 on: Nov 08, 2019, 01:36:17 PM »
There is a huge (and to my mind unwarranted) resistance to ID cards in the UK. We only tend to use them in times of war.  The Government did try to bring in a complicated system spent £millions on it and failed, so I don't see much chance in the near future.  Branding with a hot iron might work!

Mike.X

I agree and the next step would be everyone having to produce their ID to the police and such like. Failure to hand over your ID would then be a criminal action. I certainly don't agree to having to carry my ID around on the off chance that I get stopped on the street.
Besides which I know of many that actually have at least two aliases for different bank accounts, driving licences etc. And it's not that difficult to get a genuine UK passport in a different name either.
I actually have an alias which is my true name but includes my father's first name as my second Christian name.

There are ways around everything and having a dodgy alias helps a lot.
Way back in time I tested the DVLA system by applying for a provisional licence in a slightly different name.
There was no problem - the 'new' licence arrived and if I had wanted to use it as ID I would either have had to pass my driving test again or had someone pass it for me.
Even simpler was having an affidavit stating that I had passed my car and motorcycle tests as when the DVLA moved over from the old red book to the paper licence I forgot to reapply for the new type licence. By the time I got round to it all of the old red book records had been destroyed consequently there was no record anywhere that said that I had passed those tests. The DVLA accepted my sworn statement that I had done and issued me with a new paper version. I could have had numerous driving licences in different names by using that system.

Diasi

« Reply #16 on: Nov 08, 2019, 01:37:37 PM »
Public Health England quote:

People born outside the UK accounted for 72% (3,283/4,580) of notifications in 2018, with a TB incidence rate of 39.0 per 100,000 population; this was 14-times greater than the rate among those born in the UK (2.8 per 100,000)

And what the report hides, very deliberately, is the fact that those with TB who were born in the UK only got TB because it was introduced back into the UK by those who weren't born in the UK.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Scrumpy

« Reply #17 on: Nov 08, 2019, 01:41:16 PM »

People will be knocking up ID cards on their.. Mickey Mouse ..Let's Play Post Offices..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Sheila

« Reply #18 on: Nov 08, 2019, 01:52:13 PM »
We went to the nurse to check our holiday jabs were up to date and she recommended that we both have the MMR.  She said that immigrants are bringing the diseases into the country and we might not be well protected without.

Diasi

« Reply #19 on: Nov 08, 2019, 01:57:15 PM »
We went to the nurse to check our holiday jabs were up to date and she recommended that we both have the MMR.  She said that immigrants are bringing the diseases into the country and we might not be well protected without.

She'll be in a world of grief if a politically correctly patient reports her for letting that cat out of the bag.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Butterpuff

« Reply #20 on: Nov 08, 2019, 01:57:36 PM »
TB for a starter.

I don't think that the 100 recent Vietnamese illegal immigrants were living in danger.

I don't think that the illegal immigrants who can pay £thousands for a dinghy & outboard motor were living in danger.
    I agree  and why do they bypass other countries to get to Btitain   we're a soft touch

sparky

« Reply #21 on: Nov 08, 2019, 02:20:55 PM »

Way back in time I tested the DVLA system by applying for a provisional licence in a slightly different name.

There was no problem - the 'new' licence arrived

Well the answer to that is that the system put in place is  by people with a brain, instead of relying on the sort of government  d***heads, cobbling up a system that would be doomed to fail from day one, I suggest a card that includes that persons fingerprint and DNA or both  if need be

Sheila

« Reply #22 on: Nov 08, 2019, 02:26:47 PM »
I don't think fingerprints work over the age of 70 sparky.

sparky

« Reply #23 on: Nov 08, 2019, 02:33:48 PM »

I don't think fingerprints work over the age of 70 sparky.

Ah so that's why they have not felt my collar after me doing that bank last week. ;D ;D ;D

Jacqueline

« Reply #24 on: Nov 08, 2019, 04:36:11 PM »
My cousin and her family were £10 Poms back in the 1960s.  They had to have health checks.  My cousin had TB as a child and it was touch and go if they would actually take her. They did get accepted eventually.

The main reason they went to New Zealand was because they couldn't get anywhere to live, they lived in two rooms with two small children, the council wouldn't house them. My cousins left, and our Government let all these immigrants in, many who have council houses instead of our own people.

Yellowbird

« Reply #25 on: Nov 08, 2019, 07:43:27 PM »
 MY favourite restaurant is Indian. Ron was taking me for a Birthday treat, when we got there it  had been closed down due to the fact that  they were employing five illegal immigrants, ended up having fish and chips.
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

GrannyMac

« Reply #26 on: Nov 08, 2019, 08:24:52 PM »
My cousin and her family were £10 Poms back in the 1960s.  They had to have health checks.  My cousin had TB as a child and it was touch and go if they would actually take her. They did get accepted eventually.

The main reason they went to New Zealand was because they couldn't get anywhere to live, they lived in two rooms with two small children, the council wouldn't house them. My cousins left, and our Government let all these immigrants in, many who have council houses instead of our own people.

We couldn't get housed by the council when our children were young, but we weren't prepared to wait forever. So, like so many people of our generation we worked our socks off, saved and bought our own home.  If we had been fortunate (as we saw it back then) we might still be paying rent!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

mick607

« Reply #27 on: Nov 08, 2019, 10:10:23 PM »
My first wife as a child suffered with asthma that stopped her family from emigrating to OZ Mores the pity.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #28 on: Nov 09, 2019, 07:57:57 PM »
My first wife as a child suffered with asthma that stopped her family from emigrating to OZ Mores the pity.

Fairly obvious why - would you have had the money to pay for all of the healthcare that she would need?

It was no picnic being a £10 Pom in OZ in the 50/60's.
My aunt and uncle moved out in the late 50's to Adelaide. Their future was in their hands -  IF you worked and IF you made enough money then life would be more bearable. Eventually they bought a large plot of land in Adelaide and built their own bungalow with the intention of building two more on the plot to sell off. He started selling household paint etc and offered to paint houses for others. Eventually it ended up as a fairly large DIY supermarket which was then bought off them by Bunnings for a very large amount of money - they then retired at age 55.

mick607

« Reply #29 on: Nov 09, 2019, 08:08:30 PM »
Fairly obvious why - would you have had the money to pay for all of the healthcare that she would need?
I never said I agreed or disagreed with the decision to refuse them entry in to OZ.This is why I believe immigtaion should be more strictly enforced rather than allowing every Johnny foreigner to come here illegal or otherwise & milk the NHS & benefit system.