Author Topic: vacuumcleaners,  (Read 811 times)

Alfred

vacuumcleaners,
« on: Nov 08, 2019, 08:28:46 AM »
Although there are many types of vacuum cleaners being  advertised and sold I begin to wonder at the price of some of them , it seems that vacuum cleaners are becoming like cars as some of them aren't cheap even though I'm sure its what you get what you pay for,

some how it seems when looking at the different makes, such as dyson . shark, and others which I have forgotten, but the price of some of them have shot up  much like the latest car models with a healthy price tag included,

Q; do you think vacuum cleaners have or are becoming much like cars becoming status symbols,   and too expensive, as well,.

sparky

Re: vacuumcleaners,
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2019, 08:49:23 AM »
Expensive, yes, these manufacturers are really cleaning up.

Bee

« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2019, 08:54:25 AM »
Last year I bought a Shark cordless vacuum and while it was expensive compared to other vacuums I have bought in the past, for me it was well worth the money.
The only way is up....

Scrumpy

« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2019, 10:15:19 AM »

I have read nothing but good about Shark Cordless and that is the one I would opt for..
My daughter has a Dyson Cordless.. Very expensive and very uncomfortable to hold..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Alex22

« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2019, 02:44:28 PM »
I'm hoping to get a cordless cleaner and don't particularly like Dyson as I had a corded Dyson a few years ago.  I think it was Phil who also recommended Shark .    I've got an AEG Ergo Rapido in the kitchen, but there's not much ' rapido ' about it.  Having said that, I've had it a few years now so it's probably one of the first stick type cleaner, battery lasts about 10 minutes  ! 

xetog

« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2019, 04:57:53 PM »
Rapido discharge.  We have a cordless Vax which is OK, but lasts less that 30 mins. and is quite heavy.  Also just where you hold it is the on/off switch and it is too easy to switch it off whilst working.  We were looking at the Shark has 2 batteries so that you can charge one up whilst using the other but have yet to find a retailer so that we can road test it.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Butterpuff

« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2019, 05:10:55 PM »
I've still got a Henry...and I love him..he always has a smile on his face.... ;D ;D :)

xetog

« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2019, 05:22:10 PM »
I have a Henry, he resides in the garage because he's great at sucking up sawdust.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Sheila

« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2019, 05:54:19 PM »
We have an eight year old Dyson which is too heavy for me.  We also have a cordless Gtech with the little one as well and I much prefer these.  The little one is great for stairs, furniture, car etc.  OH tends to do most of the vacuuming now since I wasn't well but doesn't understand about doing edges etc.  I can do them with the little Gtech.

GrannyMac

« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2019, 11:06:06 PM »
We're on our second Miele.  Had a Dyson years ago, but this one is light and very efficient. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

minniemouse

« Reply #10 on: Nov 08, 2019, 11:47:24 PM »
I have a Gtech plus the smaller one for stairs.  It's fine, does the job and is lightweight and cordless.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

zoony

« Reply #11 on: Nov 09, 2019, 12:15:20 AM »
  I have an upright Hoover that weighs a ton and sounds like a Rolls-Royce jet engine. I also have a dusty house.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Raven

« Reply #12 on: Nov 09, 2019, 03:25:26 AM »
  I have an upright Hoover that weighs a ton and sounds like a Rolls-Royce jet engine. I also have a dusty house.

;D ;D ;D