Author Topic: Boris Johnson.  (Read 4215 times)

richmond62

Re: Boris Johnson.
« Reply #15 on: Nov 22, 2019, 06:17:22 PM »
Personally, my "inner nature" is conservative (with a small "c"), but it is also not unionist, so it is probably a good thing
I've been overseas so long I've lost my right to vote.

I'd vote SNP until we get our independence, and then vote for whatever right-wing party emerged: there's something to chew on.

Johned

« Reply #16 on: Nov 26, 2019, 08:27:33 PM »
I am a member of the lower working class but having worked hard and gained experience in my profession, I assume I have graduated to the skilled working class and looking back over the years think I did a reasonably satisfactory job finally retiring at seventy.  From my background, I should be a Labour supporter but in all that time, I have never been tempted to vote other than Conservative mainly because I have seen the former mess up the economy every time they have held office.  The prospect of a Corbyn led extreme left Marxist party with the odious reputed Stalinist, McDonnell playing at Chancellor fills me with apprehension to say the least. 

Diasi

« Reply #17 on: Nov 26, 2019, 08:38:09 PM »
Personally, my "inner nature" is conservative (with a small "c"), but it is also not unionist, so it is probably a good thing
I've been overseas so long I've lost my right to vote.

I'd vote SNP until we get our independence, and then vote for whatever right-wing party emerged: there's something to chew on.

If the English had been allowed to vote in the Scottish Independence Referendum, Scotland would have been gone in 2014.

We don't want you any more than you want us & the sooner Scotland goes, the better.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

richmond62

« Reply #18 on: Nov 26, 2019, 09:11:17 PM »
The thing that really "got my goat" is that as an expatriate Scot who owns a house in Scotland
I was not allowed to vote in the referendum.

I do honestly believe that both Scotland and England (where both my Mother and my sister live) would
be better places if they were separate states; I also believe that quite a lot of the Scots-English antagonism,
which is mainly based on nonsense would evaporate.

sparky

« Reply #19 on: Nov 27, 2019, 07:54:27 AM »
I do not see any justification whatsoever for giving a non UK resident a vote  in a referendum , be they Scot or whatever, it seems some folk want their cake and  still be able to eat it.

richmond62

« Reply #20 on: Nov 27, 2019, 08:04:03 AM »
Well, as I intend to return to Scotland and stay there, and have a financial stake in the country,
and pay UK taxes . . .

sparky

« Reply #21 on: Nov 27, 2019, 08:45:55 AM »
Well if and when you do that, then you quite rightly will get your vote, put only then IMO,

mick607

« Reply #22 on: Nov 27, 2019, 08:56:23 AM »
If the English had been allowed to vote in the Scottish Independence Referendum, Scotland would have been gone in 2014.

We don't want you any more than you want us & the sooner Scotland goes, the better.
Correct.

digitalis

« Reply #23 on: Nov 27, 2019, 02:02:25 PM »
Soon to be released: Andrew Neil v Boris Johnson interview. I've booked mine. Neil is gonna shred Boris. I don't think the silly hair mucking and vague-shambling answers are gonna evade exorcet missle Neils questions. Johnsons fine as a bit-of-a-joker but Neil plays a kill-or-capture SAS interrogation. Neils not in it for a girlfriend but for slaughter. Looking forward to rounds 1 -10 with several knockdowns before the final suckerpunch at round 8!

Diasi

« Reply #24 on: Nov 27, 2019, 02:08:16 PM »
Soon to be released: Andrew Neil v Boris Johnson interview. I've booked mine. Neil is gonna shred Boris. I don't think the silly hair mucking and vague-shambling answers are gonna evade exorcet missle Neils questions. Johnsons fine as a bit-of-a-joker but Neil plays a kill-or-capture SAS interrogation. Neils not in it for a girlfriend but for slaughter. Looking forward to rounds 1 -10 with several knockdowns before the final suckerpunch at round 8!

As an interviewer Andrew Neil isn't very good, all he relies on is interrupting the interviewee before they can give a answer.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

zoony

« Reply #25 on: Nov 27, 2019, 02:11:21 PM »
  Since when did this site become so unpleasantly anti-Scots??
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

« Reply #26 on: Nov 27, 2019, 02:12:56 PM »
  Since when did this site become so unpleasantly anti-Scots??

Where does that come into it?

Ashy

« Reply #27 on: Nov 27, 2019, 02:13:16 PM »
In the case of Mr Corbyn, Mr Neil only interrupted to ask him to answer the question, and not talk about something else. Which is reasonable if labour politicians are going to ask journalists not to ask questions they have not assembled to answer.

digitalis

« Reply #28 on: Nov 27, 2019, 02:14:27 PM »
Understood Diasi,but you cant let those leaders rattle on too much. They go off to one of their tropes then onto a full sermon. Later,the listener's forgotten what the initial question was...and I guess that deflection is damage limitation.

Diasi

« Reply #29 on: Nov 27, 2019, 02:16:44 PM »
Understood Diasi,but you cant let those leaders rattle on too much. They go off to one of their tropes then onto a full sermon. Later,the listener's forgotten what the initial question was...and I guess that deflection is damage limitation.

I'm not a Corbyn fan but Neil stopped him from developing his answer on several occasions.

A clever interviewer would give Corbyn enough time to rattle on & drop himself in the mire.

My best IUCs were the ones where I did the least talking & the person being interviewed did the most talking.