Author Topic: the U.Ks beautiful villages,  (Read 609 times)

Alfred

the U.Ks beautiful villages,
« on: Nov 21, 2019, 04:01:02 PM »
when ever I see midsummer murders I like to see the back ground where these t.v episodes are filmed and then wonder where they might be,.

in a lot of the detectives stories shown, made, and filmed in the U.K again there are some lovely lovely places.
of course in the summer times they're lovely and at their best,

but then I think about winter and imagen  thick snow and the  problems of these villagers getting about either to shop. Work,  or even have their shopping delivered to their door,

Q; do you have any views on the back ground scenery when you see these t.v. dramas,

Raven

Re: the U.Ks beautiful villages,
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2019, 05:08:02 PM »

I like Misommer Murders, and I may be wrong but they remind me of the villages I saw in the Cotswolds a few years back when I was on holiday..

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2019, 05:58:47 PM »
We stayed in Port Isaac before it was famous as Port Wenn in Doc Martin. Beautiful round there.  I used to like Last of the Summer Wine, visited the area around Holmfirth a few times.  I like Haworth too.

Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2019, 09:20:55 PM »
when ever I see midsummer murders I like to see the back ground where these t.v episodes are filmed and then wonder where they might be,.

in a lot of the detectives stories shown, made, and filmed in the U.K again there are some lovely lovely places.
of course in the summer times they're lovely and at their best,

but then I think about winter and imagen  thick snow and the  problems of these villagers getting about either to shop. Work,  or even have their shopping delivered to their door,

Q; do you have any views on the back ground scenery when you see these t.v. dramas,

They're all filmed in areas where the real residents probably don't think there's an immigration problem & have an interest in staying in the EU.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

zoony

« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2019, 09:39:10 PM »
The thing is Alfred, they film in locations and may use many different country/ village locations to set the various scenes for the action giving the impression that it's all one place which it almost never is. All the interiors are very well designed sound sets which take a great deal of trouble to look 'right'. Something like Midsommer Murders uses many locations to seem like one village and is very good at it.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2019, 10:07:27 PM »
The programme which fascinates me in that respect is Poirot - how on earth do they show scenes of London streets empty of vehicles other than a few 1930s vintage motors? In the Clapham Cook there was a scene of what looked like one of London's bridges with about 9 or 10 vintage vehicles going over it in both directions.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2019, 10:49:27 PM »
Clever use of CGI I imagine. It's hard to film 17th/18th century stuff cos all the buildings look 2 or 300 yrs old but would've been new at the time. Sometimes it's easy to suspend one's disbelief and sometimes it really isn't.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Jacqueline

« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2019, 11:31:14 PM »
On our travels with our trusty old campervan, we have seen some lovely places around the country.  There are some beautiful villages in the Cotswolds, but we couldn't afford to buy a shed to live in.  What makes them good places to live?  for one, as Diasi says they are untouched by mass immigration, knife crime poverty etc.  Those who can afford to are leaving the rest of us to it.