Author Topic: Phoning dwp  (Read 2031 times)

katkin11

Phoning dwp
« on: Nov 22, 2019, 03:02:08 PM »
Been here on phone for 2 hours is this a record?/throught bt were bad but this is awful,keep getting message call will be answered as soon as possible,anyone waited longer?

Undercover Pensioner

Re: Phoning dwp
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2019, 03:13:54 PM »
That's an awfully long time katkin.  I hope you eventually got things sorted out.
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

digitalis

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2019, 07:54:51 AM »
No.

But this is part of the plan to reduce complainants,applications and people wanting to contact them so that they reduce all costs. Altho all political parties and governments agreed to support and uphold proper practice,the true agenda is that hidden in the deaths and suffering endured by those that try to claim any monies.

Most government bodies offering any support are shutting down(tho you or you family made many contributions) With understanding: the idea is to shut people out,wear them down. Only continued persistence will gain you access thus making the case that you should really don't need them and should have your own money or labour to go out and look after yourself.

The idea is to grow more aircraft carriers or build more follies so that Top Biz can earn more dough or claim brighter medals.

Apologies: the senior staff at DWP are as like those commanders about German rule when they said to the untermenschen we are taking you to a nice holiday camp where you can have a shower.

Its pretty nasty work there. Even for the staff

Jacqueline

« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2019, 12:19:23 PM »
I've been on the end of these phone lines a few time. 4 Seasons in the background intersperced by "your call is important to us etc." Red rag to a bull it clearly is not.

Some years ago I had to contact the Tax office, God knows how long I was on the phone listening to the above, but best part of an hour later my call was answered, after explaining my problem I was put on hold.  After another very long wait the phone just went dead.  So back to the begining, same long wait listening to the same old.  I was stressed beyond belief.  Did get answered eventually, and put in a complaint.

You won't believe the outcome,  got a letter of apology AND a £10 cheque from the Tax office in compensation for my phone bill.  My husband said I should frame it, well I have kept a copy.

As you say Digitalis, Any poor old pensioner on the pension phone line would give up, this has the desired affect.

Bobcat

« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2019, 03:08:06 PM »
Kaitlin would it be inappropriate for me to ask why you are trying to phone the DWP ?? Almost everything is done online these days and everything is on their webpage.

Jacqueline

« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2019, 03:22:44 PM »
Bobcat,

I'm old fashioned enough to want to speak to a real living person, I'm a present day Luddite, I don't want to run my shopping through an automated till, I don't want to do forms online, I don't really want to shop online although through lack of choice on the High Street I sometimes have to.  I certainly dont, although once again forced to through closure of banks, bank online.  I like to shop with cash, no wonder people get into debt flashing their debit cards, doesn't feel like money.

I'm sure many will disagree with me.

The film Terminator is getting more of a reality every day.  I want to be Sarah Connor!

Bobcat

« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2019, 03:33:14 PM »
Each to their own but sadly we all have to move with the times, I used to go regularly to my local bank to cash a cheque to pay my bills and shop. Today there are no local banks and very few shops !!

sparky

« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2019, 03:33:50 PM »
Jacqueline, it gets worse, did you see a program about Sainsbury's a few nights back, they experimented with a store where there were NO tills, the customer had to scan the product with their smart phone, which then automatically deducted the cost from their customers bank account, thankfully it was not a success. so they had to bring in a till for all the people that would not use it, but whats to say a year or so down the line, we may have no alternative.

Jacqueline

« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2019, 03:54:54 PM »
Sparky,

The more they push me the more I rebel, I don't have a smart phone, don't want one don't particularly need one, so couldn't have used the Sainsbury's shop.  If enough people get off their bums and complain these people will cave in.

Barclays, when they closed all our local banks told us we could draw out cash from the Post Office, a while later Barclays said they would withdraw this facility, I complained and they must have got many more as they then announced they had scrapped the idea and we can still get our cash at the Post Office.

People need to stick together here, with all this automation what will people do for work?

GrannyMac

« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2019, 05:53:12 PM »
Automation won't replace carers, and we'll need more of those for the growing population of oldies.  🙂
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Jacqueline

« Reply #10 on: Nov 23, 2019, 06:46:37 PM »
We do need carers, but while their pay and conditions are so bad who would choose caring as a career?  My niece worked for a care agency on minimum wage she loved the work and her people, this was in rural Lincolnshire, the agency gave her hardly any time to get from one person to the next, her car  allowance didn't cover the cost. Due to her own ill health and had to stop.

Care staff do a wonderful job, they are under valued and under paid and we need them more than over paid politicians any time.

GrannyMac

« Reply #11 on: Nov 23, 2019, 06:47:26 PM »
Been here on phone for 2 hours is this a record?/throught bt were bad but this is awful,keep getting message call will be answered as soon as possible,anyone waited longer?

As you have access to the internet, would this link be helpful? https://www.gov.uk/guidance/contact-the-department-for-work-and-pensions-about-its-policies

It sounds as if the phone service is very poor.  You can put your questions to them via an online form.  That provides more evidence than a phone call if you then have a problem or a complaint.

R. Gervais

GrannyMac

« Reply #12 on: Nov 23, 2019, 06:51:36 PM »
We do need carers, but while their pay and conditions are so bad who would choose caring as a career?  My niece worked for a care agency on minimum wage she loved the work and her people, this was in rural Lincolnshire, the agency gave her hardly any time to get from one person to the next, her car  allowance didn't cover the cost. Due to her own ill health and had to stop.

Care staff do a wonderful job, they are under valued and under paid and we need them more than over paid politicians any time.

I agree.  I believe that is because caring is still mainly viewed as 'womens work'.  I also think that contracting it out to private companies means it has to be profitable.   IMO it's one service that should be delivered by local authorities.

R. Gervais

xetog

« Reply #13 on: Nov 24, 2019, 09:17:11 AM »
I sent them a question by email 8 years ago.  Still waiting for a reply.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

em

« Reply #14 on: Nov 24, 2019, 05:15:33 PM »
I sent them a letter with a stamped address envelope.A very favourable reply 2 or3 days later.