Author Topic: Rainbow coloured hair...  (Read 649 times)

firenze

Rainbow coloured hair...
« on: Nov 22, 2019, 05:41:19 PM »
I'm watching a popular t.v. programme and it strikes me that no one these days shows themselves with the hair colour God gave to them.  Is it good or not?
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

zoony

Re: Rainbow coloured hair...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2019, 06:20:29 PM »
Well I've never coloured mine...I've always thought that men who dye their hair were deluding only themselves.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

em

« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2019, 06:49:04 PM »
So are women(deluding themselves). The same goes for make-up (make believe)

Sheila

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2019, 06:58:59 PM »
Hi firenze, I hope you are keeping well.

My mother dyed her hair black and eventually had to grow it out.  It looked so awful that it put me off dyed hair for life.  I had highlights in my dark hair for a while but now have natural 'highlights'. 

I could get tempted to have a temporary pink colour, maybe for a special occasion.

Alex22

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2019, 07:36:46 PM »
I'm not deluding myself  ;D   I do have my highlights in my hair because......... it's my choice and I like it this way.   Not sure if I'd be brave enough to have pink or purple hair though.

firenze

« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2019, 07:44:48 PM »
Thanks Sheila I'm ready to jump!  Hate the dying off of summer the dropping leaves are depressing.  My horoscope is rubbish, I've got wrinkles and a bad attack of tireditis! Hope tomorrow is better! 😂😄😄😄xx
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

GrannyMac

« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2019, 07:46:30 PM »
I like my white hair. I do use a purple shampoo that gives it a slight hint of mauve. As a natural mouse, I had it highlighted for years. Pointless now.

My sister in law, naturally dark haired, went steely grey and hated it. Hers is usually a plum colour these days. It looks good.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Jacqueline

« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2019, 09:03:59 PM »
I've let my fine, thin hair go white, and actually with a decent cut it looks reasonably OK.  I started going grey in my late 20s, I did dye it for a while, it looked horrible, when you go grey your skin colour changes too, so you have to be careful it rarely looks natural.

A few years ago I went to a concert with a few 1960s bands, watching them from my theatre seat I was thinking they were wearing well.  Then we had the opportunity to go and meet them and get autographs, my bubble was burst, these aging pop stars had all got dyed hair.  You just can't fight the aging process.

richmond62

« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2019, 08:19:15 AM »
I'm not convinced God gave me my hair colour, considering the way I was bullied at school for having flaming red hair makes me
think it might have been the other chap.  ;D

At 57 my beard has gone about 50% white, and my hair is just gently fading.

No intention of dyeing my hair any colour: but if I last until 70 I might "misbehave" and grow myself a ponytail down to my scut
as my eternal short back and sides begins to pall.

I could really lose control and weave sparkly "doo-dahs" into my ponytail.  :)

I'm not going to fight the ageing process: I'm going to embrace it in the most outrageous way possible!