Author Topic: online banking  (Read 396 times)

katkin11

online banking
« on: Nov 22, 2019, 09:23:29 PM »
Hi everyone, used to use nat west online banking, as i didnt have a mobile number i had to cancel it, however my son has got me one for xmas( a mobile phone )can i reregister for an online account again,only asking because i told natwest to close my online account which they did,do i go back to my branch? or can i do it online.Iwas getting paper statements but these have been stopped.

Raven

Re: online banking
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2019, 10:59:14 PM »
Don't you have a phone number for them? I'd give that a go first otherwise you may have to trail to the bank, I don't know if you can reactivate your account online, it may have to be face to face.

Sheila

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2019, 06:00:51 AM »
I check my bank accounts regularly on our chromebook but have not used my (android) mobile for online banking.  I'm not sure the security is good enough.  Maybe I'll be forced to look into it eventually.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2019, 06:29:01 AM »
My brother in law uses his phone for on-line banking and claims that the security is as good as on the computers, put personally I am not convinced and have no intention of banking via my phone even though Lloyds now have an app that will enable you to photo a cheque and pay it into one's account on-line.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

sparky

« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2019, 07:52:35 AM »
I restrict my online banking to a dedicate  hard wired  to router PC at home.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2019, 07:53:32 AM »
I think that is very wise
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

sparky

« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2019, 08:21:37 AM »

I think that is very wise

Thanks Mike, many would say I am being overly cautious, but I would rather that  than go though all the agro  caused by  fraudsters that  find more and more ways of accessing peoples data nowadays.

richmond62

« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2019, 08:24:33 AM »
Over 'here', in Bulgaria, my wife has a dedicated App thingy on her mobile phone for her banking.

I don't even have a card: but I'm a bit of a Pop Larkin (mind you, I pay the odd spot of tax).
So I'm one those unreconstructed retro types who wanders around with a wodge of crinklies in my wallet.

For my account in Scotland I use the Tor browser on a Linux client. I do have a Bank of Scotland Debit
card for when I want to "make love" to Amazon.