Author Topic: Post Offices,Cutting Benefits,Covert Culling of OAPs  (Read 2449 times)

digitalis

Post Offices,Cutting Benefits,Covert Culling of OAPs
« on: Nov 23, 2019, 10:33:33 AM »
Large PO near me closes. As do smaller POs. Next PO some 4 miles away. With no car brought about by no car licence and disability,infrequent bus service,the OAP at 80 or 90 is induced to go on to the internet to do banking to claim monies and manage his/her banking! S/he has to buy a computer (from the internet!),and learn it all whilst eye sight and memory continue to be lost. Money scammed or banking disaster: good news for HMG. With eating restricted alongside not being able to pay heating bills,OAP falls,becomes ill...dies. Aw! Sad aint it. Just what can you do!How come these folk just 'passed away'. LOL

Well,High Five! It means no nurses or docs needed for these wasters. And not clogging up the hospitals. The crumbly has gone. Done his/her job,popped his/her clogs. Had his/her day. Sad,but dry those tears. High Five,cos they didn't live longer to live more to be a drain on society,so saving the 'extra rescources' that's need for...HS2? Aircraft Carrier 3? Megs and H's next new newborn?

It's the nudge effect. You cut the 'social services'(as like the PO and other support networks)making the old codgers go to techno they don't know or cant afford. Result? Half of 'em cant do any of it,dont claim it,dont complain,aint listened to,get neglected,die. Targets met!

Such as above has worked well to cut claims to get UCof late. You say to those applying for UC can work(tho they cant see or are in wheelchairs or are mentally challenged). You say they have to do every task on-line(even tho they cant operate or don't have a computer)Result! Game won. They don't claim. They sink to begging from the foodbanks. Job dun.

I mustnt complain,I'm alright. But it does seem a tad cruel. Still,you can see how the planning goes! LOL

Hitler culled the folk he didn't like or found of use by killing camps. Wotta pleb! Our governments have always dun things....well,shall we say,a little better. A little quieter. More refined like. We kill our own unwanted folk by more opaque methods.

Meself? I'd rather have any planned pogrom more open: old,disabled,unwanted folk picked up at 4pm taken to a quarry and then executed by a nice looking 6' tall blonde fella. You get dun in quicker. More compassionate surely. I want it for meself end of days.

Another 'rant' :(  ? Or just sayin how good government planning is theseadays?

Traveller

Re: Post Offices,Cutting Benefits,Covert Culling of OAPs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2019, 11:00:18 AM »
Yes, and I've had to buy an alarm clock because the nasty government scrapped the "knocker upper" and I can't even find a small child thin enough to go up the lumb to clean it because of the obesity "epidemic". 

The government don't even give me any benefits because I was honest, hardworking and financially prudent.   This country has really gone down the pan.
You'll have had your tea.

richmond62

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2019, 11:11:06 AM »
My Mum's 89, and a bit mentally fragile after Dad died last year.

So they closed all the banks in the town where she lives.

[Wincanton, Somerset]

They moved the Clinic out of the centre (where it was a beneficial 5 minutes walk away) to
a 15 minute drive in a car she'd far rather not drive.

The bus service runs once a day.

The only dentists in town are private.

Sooner or later she'll be found stone cold dead for no other good reason than
all the vital services are no longer 'there' for those who need them most.

Should I retire to Britain or stay in Bulgaria where things are supposedly not
as good as in Britain but where I can get a doctor at the drop of a hat, there are banks all over
the shop and buses are two a penny? Funny how every time I discuss this with people from Britain
they start by criticising Britain, but when I mention I stay in Bulgaria they start praising the NHS
and so on and telling me lots of slightly odd myths about Bulgaria based on their encounters
with Bulgarian Gypsy beggars in Stoke-on-Trent.

From this distance it really is very difficult indeed to get a clear picture re Britain and
the services vital to what an old friend of mine called "a dignified end."

digitalis

« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2019, 11:55:33 AM »
One really mustn't complain accordin to many folks.Its a fair point. But if you do not complain then things stay just as they are. It also discounts many folk who don't like to complain,are too shy or are not that vocal. These things will not worry me cos I do complain...and the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Sometimes(alas)I do think of other folk(a fault I know!)

Alas,seen docs and policemen and lottsa others go off to top themselves. Always best not to complain tho...or you are classed as a whinger. Sad?

brian54

« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2019, 02:40:45 PM »
Yes, and I've had to buy an alarm clock because the nasty government scrapped the "knocker upper" and I can't even find a small child thin enough to go up the lumb to clean it because of the obesity "epidemic". 

The government don't even give me any benefits because I was honest, hardworking and financially prudent.   This country has really gone down the pan.
I only get the state pension and an occupational pension as well. I have a cousin who keeps saying i dont spend my pension fairly as I give my spare money to my 4 daughters and 4 granddaughters. My cousin said i was a fool paying in to a pension.

Jacqueline

« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2019, 03:39:03 PM »
Digitalis,  youre spot on, they can't wait for our generation to die off and will help us on our way, we are standing in the way of their neo liberal PC world.

Maddie Malone

« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2019, 03:54:49 PM »
One day they to will be oldies 😊

GrannyMac

« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2019, 04:43:16 PM »
I've been a believer for some time in planning for our older age before its too late, or at least looking at options.  I'm not talking about money, but housing and location. I don't see the point of staying put, even in a lovely village, if access to necessary services is limited.  By moving into an independent flat, in Extra Care housing, mick607 has got it right IMO. People in those types of flats can live totally independently, but there is support and care if and when one needs it.  Release from hospital is quicker, moving into a care home less likely, and those living alone are less likely to feel isolated. 

When we moved, just before we were 60, we looked at public transport as a priority in the area we liked. My husband has a heart condition, we can now get to a leading cardiac unit in about ten minutes by car, and its also on a bus route. Our local centre has a Post Office, several banks, there are small shops and supermarkets nearby, and GPs and pharmacists.  I can get cash if need be from a supermarket.  All services we use.  The city and the station are on the tram route, as is the next town.  We're still ok in our house, but we may move nearer our daughter if we feel we might need support.  Hopefully into an Extra Care bungalow or flat. ☺️

I don't feel negative about being older, not having to work to ensure an income is a great feeling.  I know my relatively good health is a bonus, but I try to approach new things with some enthusiasm.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Hugh

« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2019, 05:54:08 PM »
I guess I am very lucky where I live only a short walk into the forest. Two hundred yards to bus stop, and one bus which will drop me off out side Kings Mill Hospital. Rainworth centre as a excellent and well run heath centre. A corner shop runs the post office. Next door to me lives my Nephew, whose wife is a very good care worker. At the moment I am in very good heath so life pretty good to me.

brian54

« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2019, 05:56:00 AM »
I spoke to a man last nights who was complaining his benefits were not high enough to enjoy life.
I asked him if he had paid in to a pension. As expected the answer was no.

GrannyMac

« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2019, 06:50:17 AM »
I spoke to a man last nights who was complaining his benefits were not high enough to enjoy life.
I asked him if he had paid in to a pension. As expected the answer was no.

Where do you meet these men Brian?

R. Gervais

mick607

« Reply #11 on: Nov 25, 2019, 06:56:12 AM »
I've been a believer for some time in planning for our older age before its too late, or at least looking at options.  I'm not talking about money, but housing and location. I don't see the point of staying put, even in a lovely village, if access to necessary services is limited.  By moving into an independent flat, in Extra Care housing, mick607 has got it right IMO. People in those types of flats can live totally independently, but there is support and care if and when one needs it.  Release from hospital is quicker, moving into a care home less likely, and those living alone are less likely to feel isolated. 

When we moved, just before we were 60, we looked at public transport as a priority in the area we liked. My husband has a heart condition, we can now get to a leading cardiac unit in about ten minutes by car, and its also on a bus route. Our local centre has a Post Office, several banks, there are small shops and supermarkets nearby, and GPs and pharmacists.  I can get cash if need be from a supermarket.  All services we use.  The city and the station are on the tram route, as is the next town.  We're still ok in our house, but we may move nearer our daughter if we feel we might need support.  Hopefully into an Extra Care bungalow or flat. ☺️

I don't feel negative about being older, not having to work to ensure an income is a great feeling.  I know my relatively good health is a bonus, but I try to approach new things with some enthusiasm.

Spot on GM.  ;D

brian54

« Reply #12 on: Nov 25, 2019, 07:07:29 AM »

Where do you meet these men Brian?
In a pub. He had 2 pints of beer to my knowledge.

GrannyMac

« Reply #13 on: Nov 25, 2019, 07:11:44 AM »
In a pub. He had 2 pints of beer to my knowledge.

Perhaps his state pension plus benefits would be enough if he didn't go to the pub.  Cutting our coat to fit the cloth was a lesson many of us learnt.  However, if he's really struggling, maybe you could buy him a drink?

R. Gervais

mick607

« Reply #14 on: Nov 25, 2019, 08:54:04 AM »

Perhaps his state pension plus benefits would be enough if he didn't go to the pub.  Cutting our coat to fit the cloth was a lesson many of us learnt.  However, if he's really struggling, maybe you could buy him a drink?
And pigs might fly ?