Author Topic: Post Offices,Cutting Benefits,Covert Culling of OAPs  (Read 2469 times)

Johned

Re: Post Offices,Cutting Benefits,Covert Culling of OAPs
« Reply #15 on: Nov 26, 2019, 08:04:35 PM »
It seems pretty obvious that eventually old folk will be culled at say the age of eighty or so.  However in this old country, the act will be performed in an oh so civilized a manner.  One can envisage getting a letter on or about your birthday instructing you to report to the main post office where the postmaster will administer an absolutely painless lethal injection.  To help transport your remains away for disposal, a handcart (returnable on a payment of £20 deposit) will be available.  Should the GPO as in many cases, prove to be now defunct, facilities will be made available at the council tip where the head waste collector will carry out the official duty. I kid you not, it could happen!  Watch this space.

Raven

« Reply #16 on: Nov 26, 2019, 09:04:52 PM »
Star Trek TNG had an episode like that but it was on their 65th birthday. A massive family celebration ending with the person in a deep coma like state, then put in a coffin like thing and fired into space. Scared the hell out of me. :o

Season 4. Episode 22. Half a Life.......If anyone wants to watch it.

Jacqueline

« Reply #17 on: Nov 26, 2019, 11:57:43 PM »
What was that film called that killed you off at 30? 

zoony

« Reply #18 on: Nov 27, 2019, 12:01:12 AM »
Are you thinking of Logan's Run?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Jacqueline

« Reply #19 on: Nov 27, 2019, 12:11:49 AM »
Thanks Zoony,  couldn't think of it.

I never saw men marrying each other coming, you don't know what's round the corner for us.

zoony

« Reply #20 on: Nov 27, 2019, 12:39:26 AM »
The future is no longer our business Jack. The young are entitled to organize society as they want and will with or without our approval. Just as we did back in our day. No?

cowboy wisdom.

Jacqueline

« Reply #21 on: Nov 27, 2019, 01:25:23 AM »
Your right Zoony, but I don't like what I see of their future, it doesn't look a good place to me.  I didn't much like what the leaders of my own generation did either come to that.

zoony

« Reply #22 on: Nov 27, 2019, 01:31:48 AM »
Well, you either change it or accept and if you accept it there's little point in fretting. If you want to change it there are many groups to join. I've accepted my can't-be-arsed state and am happy with it. :)

cowboy wisdom.

Scrumpy

« Reply #23 on: Nov 27, 2019, 12:33:01 PM »

I saw a TV Drama many years ago..
 A bloke was a coach driver and he used to take elderly residence from different homes on a Grand Coach Trip.. The elderly that were chosen were very excited .. They knew that they were going to a wonderful place  to live forever in complete happiness.. They would brag about going and were the envy of those who were not..
Then came the day when the coach driver had his own mother on the list.. She bragged about it and was eagerly looking forward to the journey.. He tried to put her off.. She wouldn't listen.. 
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Hugh

« Reply #24 on: Nov 27, 2019, 02:42:09 PM »
Don't think we need to worry about culling just yet. People who want to be culled not allowed by British law.

biglouis

« Reply #25 on: Nov 27, 2019, 11:34:05 PM »
Sounds like an SF film called "The Island" where folks who win the lottery think they are going to some south sea paradise when in truth they are going to be cut up for spare parts for the rich overlords of their society.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.