Author Topic: christmas dinner at a restaurant,  (Read 5413 times)

Diasi

Re: christmas dinner at a restaurant,
« Reply #30 on: Nov 27, 2019, 04:19:20 PM »
Talking of the queens speech i wonder if randy andy ends up in jail he'll have an annus horibilis too?  :o

;D ;D ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

richmond62

StephenM123

« Reply #32 on: Nov 28, 2019, 06:52:37 AM »
I would rather stay in, and have sausage, egg and chips with a sprig of holly!

Some years ago we all went out for Christmas dinner at a restaurant a few weeks before as many people were, unusually, going to be away. The restaurant had obviously taken on more bookings than it could handle. The service was slow with staff obviously rushed off their feet - some disappointingly were quite abrupt. This resulted in some people still waiting for their starters whilst others had received their mains! The food was not impressive either with dry overcooked turkey, burnt roasties, overcooked veg, etc. It was bone dry and each person got a little pot of gravy. My other half ended up asking for a jug if gravy! A terrible experience!

A local restaurant is advertising four courses on Christmas Day for £75 a head (the fourth course is a cup of coffee with a mince pie). No way would we pay £900 + drinks + tip! I had Eggs Benedict there for a summer brunch and had to send it back as the egg was not fully cooked.

Alex22

« Reply #33 on: Nov 28, 2019, 07:49:18 AM »
Eggs Benedict and ' summer brunch'  you live is a different world to me Stephen. but the sausage egg and chips with a sprig og holly sounds ok  ;D

richmond62

« Reply #34 on: Nov 28, 2019, 08:23:38 AM »
I had an old friend once (since 'gathered') who told me he liked, "a piece of cheese, a raw onion and a quiet mind"
for Christmas: and I feel there's a lot to be said for that.

Butterpuff

« Reply #35 on: Nov 28, 2019, 03:54:09 PM »
A hotel near us is charging £62 ..for adults..for children 5years to 12 years  is £24.....our grandson is 8 years and not a big eater...he would never finish a main course.I wonder how they justify these prices...are the staff being paid double time....I think not

Diasi

« Reply #36 on: Nov 28, 2019, 04:52:54 PM »
We've booked into our local carvery for Chistmas Day, £45 per person for a three course lunch & the food is always good.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

luvchocolate

« Reply #37 on: Nov 29, 2019, 04:06:00 PM »
We did go out for Christmas lunch when our son was about 14 years old.
Many years later I am a Nana so lunch is at their house.
I was at at a local restaurant recently and the price for Christmas day lunch was £100 per head!
This is a small village in West Yorkshire.

Raven

« Reply #38 on: Nov 29, 2019, 04:08:54 PM »
There is no way on this earth that I'd pay those sort of prices. I could make the meal for at least six for that amount :o ...….Crazy. ::)

luvchocolate

« Reply #39 on: Nov 29, 2019, 04:18:27 PM »
Neither would I.... crazy money

Floydian

« Reply #40 on: Nov 29, 2019, 04:26:20 PM »

This is a small village in West Yorkshire.
It wasn't 'the black hat' in Ilkley was it luvchocolate, lol? We booked for the "gala" christmas meal last year prior to going to the theatre a few days before christmas. I think we paid about thirty quid a head. Everything was just awful. How food could be cooked that wrong is beyond me. I was dying to complain but the couple we went with are the gentlist most unconfrontational people ever so i had to hold my tongue. Never again....
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

GrannyMac

« Reply #41 on: Nov 29, 2019, 04:43:33 PM »
We've booked into our local carvery for Chistmas Day, £45 per person for a three course lunch & the food is always good.

A day off from cooking, enjoy.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Butterpuff

« Reply #42 on: Nov 29, 2019, 05:38:58 PM »
There is no way on this earth that I'd pay those sort of prices. I could make the meal for at least six for that amount :o ...….Crazy. ::)
nor would I ..there's no meal worth that, but if people are willing to pay that amount. the greedy sods will keep putting the prices up

luvchocolate

« Reply #43 on: Nov 30, 2019, 03:46:19 PM »
It wasn't 'the black hat' in Ilkley was it luvchocolate, lol? We booked for the "gala" christmas meal last year prior to going to the theatre a few days before christmas. I think we paid about thirty quid a head. Everything was just awful. How food could be cooked that wrong is beyond me. I was dying to complain but the couple we went with are the gentlist most unconfrontational people ever so i had to hold my tongue. Never again....
No it was Erics in a small villiage Lindley near Huddersfield,
I went there for an early bird £25 for three courses and it was delicious, but £100 for Christmas lunch? no way!!!

StephenM123

« Reply #44 on: Nov 30, 2019, 07:17:59 PM »
In the George in Stockton-on-Tees it was £90 for the main course last year! Mind you you got an 11lb turkey crown on your plare!