Author Topic: I occasionally go to this cinema.  (Read 838 times)

richmond62

Re: I occasionally go to this cinema.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2019, 09:55:19 PM »
Last but one time I went to the cinema in Britain was in Dundee to watch the first Harry Potter film, and as there was no loo break,
my younger boy (7 at the time) wet his pants. Personally I blame it on Hagrid.

The last time was to watch the first bit of Lord of the Rings in Brecon, and as the 24-odd seats were crammed into space for 12 my left leg went completely dead. Personally I blame that on Bilbo Baggins.

Last time I went to the Cinema in Bulgaria was to watch Shaun the Sheep, and as she'd overdosed on popcorn my god-daughter puked all over my kilt.
Personally I blame it on the Farmer.

I'm going to give up cinemas for Lent come next year.

Jacqueline

« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2019, 12:58:19 AM »
Fighting in cinemas reminds me of being taken to see Rock around the Clock in the 1950s, I was only about 7 or 8.  We went to the pictures a lot in those days.

We went to our local Odeon, a beautiful art deco building, how's Zoroastrian religious centre.  The film had been on a little while when these teddy boys started to fight, My parents ushered me out very quickly, I remember wanting to stay and watch.  While we were leaving the police went in and arrested them all.

I've always loved the cinema.  Husband and I used to love Hammer horror films and go to the midnight showings.  Not as many films that I want to see these days, too many aimed at kids.

zoony

« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2019, 01:05:12 AM »
That's where the market is. No point making films for wrinklies..We're lucky to get what we do only by grace of ageing famous actors who're owed a few favours or have influential friends and good scripts. We might not have that much longer when the 'de-ageing' process is perfected. At the moment it's a bit creepy.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

RocoinSurrey

« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2019, 01:54:42 AM »
 ;D   I only go occasionaly,last time  was in 1970 to watch Easy Rider , just to watch the  Harley chopper m/cycles , the mist of weed  filled the Odeon liecester square London ,  ;D
A wolf without a Forrest, is just a  dog on a Leash.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2019, 06:23:14 AM »
Went to see ‘Mama Mia - here we go again’ last year. Stepson and his partner took me to cheer me up and for the length of the film it succeeded. Time before that was to see Gandhi 30 or more years ago.
Mind you, I watch quite a few films on YouTube or as DVDs
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2019, 07:46:20 AM »
We've been a few times over the last year.  We go in the afternoon when the cinema is usually quiet.  The last films we watched were A Star is Born, Wild Rose, Bohemian Rhapsody, The Green Book.  Enjoyed them all.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

sparky

« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2019, 07:57:10 AM »
Have not been to the cinema for around 20+ years, but a resent film for which I have a special interest " Official Secrets " I will buy when released on  DVD  to watch.

Johned

« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2019, 08:15:42 PM »
The second night of our honeymoon in Hastings, we went to the flicks to see "Dracula" with Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing et al which was pretty strong and horrifying stuff back in 1958.  Later, during the night there was a terrific thunderstorm, lightning flashing, thunder rolling and there was a heck of a bang from something.  Our fear was compounded by someone holding my ankle and I could not put my leg back in bed until I discovered I had inadvertently put it through a loop on the mattress lol.  We clung to each other in terror!  Still, I suppose the experience drew us together for the ensuing Sixty one years.

StephenM123

« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2019, 08:05:41 AM »
I drove down the A1 to Hatfield this year to see "The Mule" produced by and starring Clint Eastwood. It is about  pensioner who inadvertently becomes a drug runner. I enjoyed the digs at mobiles, texting, the internet, etc.

richmond62

« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2019, 08:09:00 AM »
Having 2 sons (24 and 27) who are still 'fooling around' I feel like a mule myself sometimes.   ;D