Author Topic: GYM Membership  (Read 57 times)

Hugh

GYM Membership
« on: Nov 25, 2019, 11:29:44 AM »
Rox and I are both members of a GYM, mine being a Bannatyne. Knowing what I know now, I would still be a member if I was just on a state pension. 470 a year seems a lot of money to fork out, but it works out at less than 1.50 a day. Far cheaper than going to a pub for a little company, which many lone pensioners want and need. No need to exercise, you can just laze in a Jacuzzi or sauna, and keep nice and warm during the winter months. Save money by having a nice hot shower at the end of your visit. Most members during the day I have found to be pensioners, so I do not feel out of place.
Spa swimming pools are shallow through out, allowing disabled people to exercise by walking rather than swimming.

Raven

Re: GYM Membership
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2019, 11:58:23 AM »
That shallow pool annoyed me a bit at first, but eventually I got used to it. The water was 4ft deep, enough to swim in easily enough. I do prefer the 25 metre pool I'm using now though, with a deep and a shallow end. You can get your head down and really swim in it. My membership up North is a lot cheaper than I was at Bannatynes in Perth, but the Spa bit is not open when I'm at my early morning swim, if I want to use it then I have to go later in the day and that mostly just doesn't work for me, though sometimes at the Weekend we will both go and use it..

Hugh

« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2019, 12:10:01 PM »
Having a deep end more suitable for strong swimmer Rox because it stops walker getting in your way. There are more suitable places for strong swimmers in our area fit for purpose.

Hugh

« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2019, 07:50:02 AM »
I am certainly enjoying GYM membership, although cannot swim any where near as good as Rox, or as far, but that does not matter a little exercise, and often, does the world of good. Many elderly people I have noticed, just come to relax in the sauna and enjoy the company of other like minded people. Far better than sitting alone at home. Yes off to the GYM again this morning for a swim, but must make an effort before long to get into the GYM it self for some exercise.