Author Topic: Tesco Honey Not Real Honey  (Read 1227 times)

StephenM123

Tesco Honey Not Real Honey
« on: Nov 26, 2019, 07:29:59 AM »
Just five years after they were found out for selling us burgers containing horse meat Tesco have been caught out for adding sugar syrup to their own brand honey! I hope they really get their knuckles rapped for the mantra if profit before everything!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7720451/Food-bosses-investigate-Tesco-concerns-brand-honey-bulked-cheap-syrups.html

Sheila

Re: Tesco Honey Not Real Honey
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2019, 08:34:26 AM »
I have just bought some local honey which I will keep until after Christmas.  I am hoping it will help with my pollen allergies but it was rather expensive.

Traveller

« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2019, 09:19:07 AM »
Reading the article (as much as I could without it asking me to turn off my Ad blocker), it says that  "tests suggested that it was bulked out."  Of course as it was in the tabloid press, it must be true and Tesco have been tried and found guilty  by the Daily Mail.

I've found that Tesco is rather going down the pan these days and it's even harder to find even basic items on their shelves. I'm off to Sainsbugs this morning.  They've gone down in my estimation since they caved in over selling fireworks, but unfortunately it's the only store that sells our favourite sherry.
You'll have had your tea.

Scrumpy

« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2019, 11:27:48 AM »

Manuka Honey !!!  Wow!!  Far too expensive .. I have never bought it..
I am sure that local honey is just as good..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

sparky

« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2019, 01:16:16 PM »
Wild horses would not get me in a Tesco store, biggest con merchants going, whenever a food scam is uncovered, you can bet your life it will be a Tesco product, but you still get  the mugs shop there, I loved it when a new Aldi opened in Moreton in Marsh, knowing how badly  it would hit the profits of the Tesco store  opened some years back in Stow on the Wold which ruined at the time the great  small local shops,

Akbuk

« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2019, 01:53:25 PM »
Just five years after they were found out for selling us burgers containing horse meat Tesco have been caught out for adding sugar syrup to their own brand honey! I hope they really get their knuckles rapped for the mantra if profit before everything!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7720451/Food-bosses-investigate-Tesco-concerns-brand-honey-bulked-cheap-syrups.html

I was only reading yesterday that France wants to label their honey with, "made in France" due to Chinese imports. That stance falls foul of EU regs from what I've read.
My daughter looks after beehives for Aldi, only on a small scale, I've had a couple of small sample jars off her...….its not a production line or anything like that, more of a corporate "look what we do". Any honey produced is given away.

Turkey, honey was on par with prices here in the UK & there's hives everywhere you go out there. Must be an earner or the Turks wouldn't be producing it.
I’m a real he/him.

Sheila

« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2019, 02:23:22 PM »
The best honey I ever tasted was on a Greek island (I can't remember which one).  A man was sitting next to the sea selling honey.  The bees had fed on thyme and the honey was delicious.  I don't think we are allowed to bring it into the country now.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2019, 02:33:48 PM »
Having just finished a very tasty Tesco ready meal, helped down by a couple of glasses of Hardy's Crest Shiraz, again purchased from Tesco, I really fail to understand all this 'I wouldn't shop in Tesco' 'Lidls are the pits' 'Sainsburys are rubbish' etc., being trotted out - some of you are beginning to sound like Rangers supporters invited to express their opinion of the Celtic team
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Ashy

« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2019, 03:08:47 PM »
Shock horror, Tesco honey has been found to contain sugar. I suspect ASDA bees.

sparky

« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2019, 03:17:55 PM »
Mike, I have shopped and would have no problem shopping at any of the stores you mentioned, apart from Tesco, to the best of my recollection, all the food scandals and scams that have come to light over recent  times, have been  attributed to Tesco, so rather than tempt fate I would not consume a single item from one of their stores, But the other reason I hate Tesco, is the often underhanded a dubious methods they have used  to get planning permission for building one of their crap stores despite strong local opposition .

GrannyMac

« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2019, 05:01:36 PM »
Having just finished a very tasty Tesco ready meal, helped down by a couple of glasses of Hardy's Crest Shiraz, again purchased from Tesco, I really fail to understand all this 'I wouldn't shop in Tesco' 'Lidls are the pits' 'Sainsburys are rubbish' etc., being trotted out - some of you are beginning to sound like Rangers supporters invited to express their opinion of the Celtic team
Mike

I'm like you, I shop dependent on what I want, and my mood.  I haven't been to Aldi for a couple of weeks, I often buy their honey, and their jam is nice.  We're having a Sainsbury's curry tonight, giving my OH an evening off cooking!  If I turn left on our main road I have a choice of Sainsburys, Lidl and Asda.  A right turn and its Morrisons, Aldi and Tesco.  I've been in Home Bargains this afternoon buying some shampoo and cleaning stuff.  Spoilt for choice round here!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais