Author Topic: Beggar in Stratford today.  (Read 11742 times)

Ode Iron

Re: Beggar in Stratford today.
« Reply #15 on: Nov 27, 2019, 04:53:52 PM »
I am laughing Scrumpy...well done. Homeless problems hide other things..begging and dealing with it can be tricky and different methods for each instance..be polite..but refuse is my way.
Masks are muzzles

Bobcat

« Reply #16 on: Nov 27, 2019, 05:24:14 PM »
in MY opinion this riff raff should not be allowed to clutter our towns .

I think there was a chap in 1930's Germany that had a solution to this "problem", are you advocating a similar solution ??

ronyork

« Reply #17 on: Nov 27, 2019, 05:55:56 PM »
Not quite that far, but move them on if it’s made plain they are not wanted they might get the message, as already stated you do not find this riff/faff  in certain areas,. There are jobs, let these ildlers get off their backsides and take one, but as long as we allow them to scrounge and litter our streets, living the life of filth and fool many people into filling their begging bowls we will be welcoming many more. Ex serviceman, got a dog, been thrown out, and many other wailing s to get the cash from your pockets or perhaps you enjoy the sight of this filth.

Ode Iron

« Reply #18 on: Nov 27, 2019, 06:33:53 PM »
Lead from the top Ron..that is where examples should start..sex pests left unchallenged due to wealth & fame, lying about weapons of mass destruction, hiding asian sex gangs, treating certain members of the populace with kid gloves, lying politicians, removal of police powers, no go areas for police...cadging a few coins- is a drop in the ocean.
Masks are muzzles

Bee

« Reply #19 on: Nov 27, 2019, 06:48:38 PM »
When my grandaughter was in her late teens early twenties she would come out of the night club on a Saturday night/Sunday morning and there was always the same homeless person huddled in a shop door way, she would then go into the all night cafe and buy him a hot drink and something to eat.

One night there was a group of youngsters surrounding the home less man laughing and taking the mickey, my grandaughter did no more than disperse these youngsters so the man could have some peace and carry on with his hot drink and food.

No matter what anyone on here says I am proud of my grandaughter for the compassion and helping hand she gave.

Unless a person knows why another person is homeless or begging, I don't believe anyone can judge them for that.
The only way is up....

ronyork

« Reply #20 on: Nov 27, 2019, 07:13:17 PM »
I am only concerned with what I see,trash on our streets !,,,!

Bobcat

« Reply #21 on: Nov 27, 2019, 07:21:43 PM »
Give up BEE you will never change the mind of a bigot

ronyork

« Reply #22 on: Nov 27, 2019, 07:29:53 PM »
Bobcat , is that a self description, A Bigot! How strange, you have not got a pitch have you?

Bee

« Reply #23 on: Nov 27, 2019, 08:06:42 PM »
Give up BEE you will never change the mind of a bigot

Thanks Bobcat, I think you are right.
The only way is up....

mick607

« Reply #24 on: Nov 27, 2019, 08:17:24 PM »
When my grandaughter was in her late teens early twenties she would come out of the night club on a Saturday night/Sunday morning and there was always the same homeless person huddled in a shop door way, she would then go into the all night cafe and buy him a hot drink and something to eat.

One night there was a group of youngsters surrounding the home less man laughing and taking the mickey, my grandaughter did no more than disperse these youngsters so the man could have some peace and carry on with his hot drink and food.

No matter what anyone on here says I am proud of my grandaughter for the compassion and helping hand she gave.

Unless a person knows why another person is homeless or begging, I don't believe anyone can judge them for that.
I agree Bee, there are some decent nice people in this world.

mick607

« Reply #25 on: Nov 27, 2019, 08:18:23 PM »
Lead from the top Ron..that is where examples should start..sex pests left unchallenged due to wealth & fame, lying about weapons of mass destruction, hiding asian sex gangs, treating certain members of the populace with kid gloves, lying politicians, removal of police powers, no go areas for police...cadging a few coins- is a drop in the ocean.
Some good posts on here today.

Bee

« Reply #26 on: Nov 27, 2019, 08:20:45 PM »
I agree Bee, there are some decent nice people in this world.

Thanks Mick.
The only way is up....

mick607

« Reply #27 on: Nov 27, 2019, 08:21:20 PM »

I can see Bri looking for plastic mashers..

Better still he could buy some oversized ones made of candy.. Then he could suck on his words and swallow them..
Or choke on them !

GrannyMac

« Reply #28 on: Nov 27, 2019, 08:22:31 PM »
Some of the street homeless are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol.  Some have mental health issues or learning difficulties.  They rarely choose not to have a home, although there are always a few exceptions.

'Getting a job' may be the ultimate goal, but first they need to be healthy, mentally and physically, and have somewhere to live.  The old psychiatric hospitals may not always have been perfect, but they provided a level of care for some people who would otherwise have been on the street.   We also had sheltered workshops for those with disabilities, who now have to compete with more able people for even the most basic jobs.

Still, the average age of death of rough sleepers is somewhere in their forties, so they aren't going to be a burden for long. 

Thank goodness for people like Bee's granddaughter and all the unspoken volunteers who give up their time to help.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

ronyork

« Reply #29 on: Nov 27, 2019, 08:33:53 PM »
Will not be around for long oh well that’s a blessing.