Author Topic: 65" TV  (Read 2248 times)

Alex22

Re: 65" TV
« Reply #15 on: Nov 28, 2019, 08:08:58 AM »
That's true Sparky, from a quick look this morning the screen sizes seem to start from 65"  at least on the John Lewis site  - too big for my room I think, so I won't have to worry. ;)

richmond62

« Reply #16 on: Nov 28, 2019, 08:22:08 AM »
Somewhere round 25,000 spread between our flat in Plovdiv, our villa up in the Rhodopes,
our house in St. Andrews (stuffed in the attic because it is tenanted)
and 'parked' with mother in England.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #17 on: Nov 28, 2019, 09:05:25 AM »
Wow!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

eegrek

« Reply #18 on: Nov 28, 2019, 04:30:38 PM »
We updated our tv's last year with a 42" in the small living room and a small 24" in my bedroom. Both are connected to the internet and provide very good quality pictures with 4K on the big one and HD on the small,

It is remarkable though how our viewing habits have changed so that only about 20% is live tv and the rest is either pre-recorded or Utube or Catchup. One is also connected to Netflix because my grand daughter has it and you can share with 5 other people for free. My main problem is that I am very hard of hearing while my wife has the ears of a bat.

This means I usually watch the small tv using headphones and my wife uses the bigger one.

zoony

« Reply #19 on: Nov 28, 2019, 05:30:02 PM »
Eegrek, in case you were unaware, as I was, the other viewers all need to be in the same residence. It can cause a problem for the account holder if they're not.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Jacqueline

« Reply #20 on: Nov 28, 2019, 05:33:06 PM »
Damn, I was going to ask my granddaughter of I could access her Netflix is to watch the new series of The Crown.  She is in Devon, I'm in Wales so wouldn't work would it.

zoony

« Reply #21 on: Nov 28, 2019, 05:37:04 PM »
Yes, it'd prob'ly work but might be a problem for her. You'll find it here though...https://www.magnetdl.com/

cowboy wisdom.

richmond62

« Reply #22 on: Nov 28, 2019, 06:25:22 PM »
Dunno about that:

We use our younger son's Netflix account: he's in Los Angeles, and we're in Plovdiv, Bulgarai:
a reasonable distance apart.

em

« Reply #23 on: Nov 28, 2019, 07:09:37 PM »
Plovdiv,that brings back nightmares.I was there in the early 1960s.A black hell-hole.

richmond62

« Reply #24 on: Nov 28, 2019, 07:17:27 PM »
Bulgaria, along with all of the Soviet bloc was a black hell-hole.

Plovdiv was a black hell-hole in 1990 when I first came here: now it is nothing of the sort
and well worth a visit.

em

« Reply #25 on: Nov 28, 2019, 07:21:14 PM »
I will take your word for it.

Diasi

« Reply #26 on: Nov 28, 2019, 10:33:41 PM »
Damn, I was going to ask my granddaughter of I could access her Netflix is to watch the new series of The Crown.  She is in Devon, I'm in Wales so wouldn't work would it.

Your granddaughter will be ok because Netflix are not intending to enforce a strict policy of their one household rule.

Netflix Chief Product Manager Neil Hunt himself has said that the streaming service is not “obsessed with enforcing compliance with a one-household-per-account constraint”. So, our advice is to try to stick to the one household rule if possible, but not to worry too much if one member is currently living somewhere else.

https://www.androidauthority.com/netflix-account-sharing-1006693/
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

zoony

« Reply #27 on: Nov 29, 2019, 12:31:51 AM »
Wish I'd known that before I signed out of my brother's account and bought my own subscription.. ??? ;D ..

cowboy wisdom.

Alfred

« Reply #28 on: Nov 29, 2019, 08:13:32 AM »
Yes our T.V is a 40 inch,  and our living room is 17x 12 so the screen for us is o.k  if we bought a bigger screen I think it would be too big, how ever it seems for us the right size for the size of the room.,

one house down the road has a screen that is so  big that its fixed the wall of the lounge and when on its as if your looking at a screen (as if you were in the cinema )  its that big, and with surround sound as well

I dread to think about the noise neighbours either side of this family must hear as one person is deaf???

mick607

« Reply #29 on: Nov 29, 2019, 08:26:23 AM »
Yes our T.V is a 40 inch,  and our living room is 17x 12 so the screen for us is o.k  if we bought a bigger screen I think it would be too big, how ever it seems for us the right size for the size of the room.,

one house down the road has a screen that is so  big that its fixed the wall of the lounge and when on its as if your looking at a screen (as if you were in the cinema )  its that big, and with surround sound as well

I dread to think about the noise neighbours either side of this family must hear as one person is deaf???
Big screen doesn't mean big sound. I too have a surround sound system but there is a volume control like most appliances.