Author Topic: babies accidently swapped at birth.  (Read 712 times)

Alfred

babies accidently swapped at birth.
« on: Nov 28, 2019, 08:23:02 AM »
From time to time we read or hear stories of babies being swapped at birth and years later the mothers find out or realize that the baby they thought was theirs  actually belongs to some one else ,

so is it the fault of say hospitals or where the baby was born , and  imagine the child in each case, having to start to learn all over again their new  and  logical parents names ,

although rare it must be really hard as these parents have to rebuild all over again their relationship with their own natural birth child,

Q; do you have any thoughts of cases where babies where wrongly handed over to the wrong parents, by accident and what remedies are there to stop it from happening again,.

richmond62

Re: babies accidently swapped at birth.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2019, 08:48:11 AM »
Make sure that you and your partner are of such an exotic mix your child stands out like a sore thumb
so there is no risk of it being seen as anyone else's baby but your own.  :)

Jacqueline

« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2019, 08:53:24 AM »
That's what happened to me then, I always wondered why I feel very at home in a large country house and have expensive tastes.

I wonder which aristocratic family I really belong to.

biglouis

« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2019, 02:37:21 AM »
My father regularly told me I had "ideas above my class" (usually just before I got a beating) so I wonder what it was that he was NOT saying. My sister and I look nothing alike (assuming she is my sister).
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

richmond62

« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2019, 09:29:35 AM »
Well, my sister, who looks very similar to me, had always had an amour de bou.  ;D

Scrumpy

« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2019, 11:40:06 AM »

I learned later on in life that I did not have the same father as my two sisters..
I am so very different from them to look at..
 My father shot off with an usherette when we were babies.. He turned up many years later to visit my mum.. He thought he could get his foot in the door again.. He instantly disliked me and I was the same towards him.. He knew that I could read him like a book.. I hated him. We girls adored our mum..
 He never did get his foot in the door..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

biglouis

« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2019, 12:44:07 AM »
I wish my father had run off with an usherette :-X but no such luck.
My sister looked like Princess Anne as a kid - a mop of curly blonde hair. She was the pretty (but dim) one and I was the plain brainy one. My grandma used to say she got the smiles and I got the smacks.

Later she paid the price for being the favorite when she married a man who beat her up on a regular basis.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2019, 01:09:09 AM »

I learned later on in life that I did not have the same father as my two sisters..
I am so very different from them to look at..
 My father shot off with an usherette when we were babies.. He turned up many years later to visit my mum.. He thought he could get his foot in the door again.. He instantly disliked me and I was the same towards him.. He knew that I could read him like a book.. I hated him. We girls adored our mum..
 He never did get his foot in the door..

But surely Scrumpy, and I infer nothing.. If you're so different from your sisters then doesn't that mean that your mum's bread was being buttered elsewhere before you came along?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Scrumpy

« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2019, 10:09:13 AM »
Absolutely right Zoony..

It my surprise you to know that way back then even the poor had butter on their bread occasionally. But thinly spread..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

zoony

« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2019, 12:09:42 PM »
Touche'
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.