Author Topic: Very selfish attitude.  (Read 3657 times)

brian54

Very selfish attitude.
« on: Dec 02, 2019, 07:27:40 AM »
A man wanted people executed at the end of their working lives as they are supposedly a waste of resources.
He does not think many are contributing to society as hospital volunteers for example helping young and old and they contribute to their families.
Obviously in most cases they have paid for their pensions so they are entitled to them.

GrannyMac

Re: Very selfish attitude.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2019, 07:55:18 AM »
Which man? Was he speaking on the radio, or on TV? Or perhaps he was in a secure unit somewhere...
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

brian54

« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2019, 07:59:14 AM »
Some looney in a pub.

GrannyMac

« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2019, 08:00:17 AM »
I rest my case. 😕

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2019, 10:53:39 AM »

Case adjourned until next week giving time for all LOONIES to put their opinions forward.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

mick607

« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2019, 11:07:00 AM »
Was it a full moon in the west midlands last night ?

Ashy

« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2019, 12:31:50 PM »
If this man was in a pub in the morning perhaps he should have been the first one up against the wall.

richmond62

« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2019, 07:54:59 PM »
There is obviously something wrong with me because I think that all retired people
(and I will exclude people who have moved directly from all their lives on the dole to a pension)
have contributed to the well being and comfort of those who come after that.

Therefore there is a debt of gratitude and respect.

We all know what the end is: death. But the way to death needs to be
made as gentle, dignified and honourable as possible: this means continued
support right up until the end.

This has been termed a "conservative outlook," with a small 'c'.

zoony

« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2019, 08:22:35 PM »
Nowadays it's called a 'pathway'. Basically, withdrawal of treatment and nutrition until you drop off the perch.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

richmond62

« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2019, 07:03:42 AM »
Really?

My Dad ate a very hearty supper and two glasses of wine and cracked jokes with us.

After supper he began to wander.

And at about 6 am in the morning he died.

B*ll*cks to "gradual withdrawal."  :)

digitalis

« Reply #10 on: Dec 03, 2019, 07:50:59 AM »
Enjoyed all comments.

Nice stuff

biglouis

« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2019, 04:38:59 PM »
My gran reached up to get a pan from the shelf, gave a little cry, and was dead before she hit the ground. Wish I could go like that.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

GrannyMac

« Reply #12 on: Dec 04, 2019, 04:56:16 PM »
If only we had the choice! My ma in law was sitting in her chair watching tv when pa in law popped out. She died peacefully whilst he was out, the doc said it was as if she'd just dropped off to sleep. A shock for him and the family but I'd take the same.

R. Gervais

biglouis

« Reply #13 on: Dec 09, 2019, 12:59:04 PM »
I agree 100% with Richmond62.

I look back on the many years of work I have put into the community and the thousands of pounds i have contributed to a corrupt tax system and KNOW that I am entitled to far more than I am currently getting back.

I dont THINK it, I KNOW it. Thats why I grab everything I can as a metter of principle and without a pang of conscience.

Pensioners should not be paying income tax at all unless they have an income of over about 35,000 pa. That would probably take most people here out of the tax bracket.

You work for 40-50 years and have a retirement of 15 - 20 on average. So you get back a lot less than you have put into the kitty. That seems a very poor bargain to me.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #14 on: Dec 09, 2019, 06:59:06 PM »
What you contributed whilst working was already spent on others. You don't have a pot of money based on what you have paid in. Your contributions helped to fund others who weren't working at the time.

I'm a great believer that if you want something out of society (apart from the State Pension) you must still be contributing.
I see many of my retired friends who just sit in front of the tele and vegetate. There are others that incur a huge bill for the NHS with GP, hospital and not forgetting the cost of drugs that are prescribed. Maybe the government should offer a package of a lethal drug and get a first class funeral in exchange?
There are many retirees that don't contribute much to society that are content in costing the taxpayers an enormous amount of money bleating that they paid in years earlier. 
There should be a database of those that cost more than they contribute in taxes etc updated on an annual basis.
As for myself I still pay tax on most of my income, including my State Pension and at 70 continue to work in excess of 40 hours a week voluntarily. My gross annual income well exceeds £35,000!