Author Topic: On Your Own  (Read 7488 times)

Hugh

Re: On Your Own
« Reply #60 on: Dec 11, 2019, 11:02:26 AM »
My love for Yvonne will never die Jacqueline. Yvonne will be very please I am doing my very best to enjoy life and keeping active. She cut her life short by refusing all medication, so she would not be a burden to me. I would have been very happy caring for her for the rest of my life but it wasn't to be.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #61 on: Dec 11, 2019, 12:46:23 PM »
I talk to Veronica every day- I don't believe that she can actually hear me, but it keeps me somehow 'in touch' with her if that makes any sense
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #62 on: Dec 11, 2019, 12:52:46 PM »
I talk to Veronica every day- I don't believe that she can actually hear me, but it keeps me somehow 'in touch' with her if that makes any sense
Mike

It most certainly does & I'd do the same.

In the meantime I still talk to my departed cat.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Flying bomb

« Reply #63 on: Dec 11, 2019, 01:28:12 PM »
You never get anything for nothing in
this world.
The price has to be paid by one partner for a happy marriage
eventually.  The price is grief, loneliness etc etc.
and yes, maybe financial too in some cases.
If the Buck stops here how can the Doe go all the way ?

Albert.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #64 on: Dec 11, 2019, 01:30:28 PM »
Financial I am fine, but I would far, far better be stony broke and still have Veronica with me
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

sparky

« Reply #65 on: Dec 12, 2019, 01:01:28 PM »
There was more talk on TV this morning about the increasing numbers of lonely folk, I am sure that if many more affordablexxx retirement apartments/homes, where folk had the option of deciding if they spent each day deciding any  day to either spend  it alone in their apartment  or maybe chat in a residents lounge, would help solve this problem, I know there are many of these homes to buy or rent, but  the exorbitant unwarranted  service charges by greedy developers  put many people off, it did me when I half considered it, a bonus would be it would free up family homes occupied by sole residents.