Author Topic: Update on Zoony  (Read 8234 times)

sparky

Re: Update on Zoony
« Reply #60 on: Dec 15, 2019, 06:36:18 PM »
I would be tempted telephone your local GP surgery first thing tomorrow, and lay it on a bit thick,  even though you should not have to, I am sure they could arrange a visit from district nurses or carers.
 Its disgusting that some help was not pre-arranged before your discharge

zoony

« Reply #61 on: Dec 15, 2019, 07:11:16 PM »
The surgery will know nothing of anything until they get the reports from the A&E consultants. I'll just be another complaining old git. Need to get the timing right..I'm quite capable of blocking access doors should the mood take me.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

stellamaris

« Reply #62 on: Dec 15, 2019, 07:26:38 PM »
 ;D ;D Zoony I have just written a long, long post about your situation but on reading your latest I deleted it.  There's not a lot you can tell a complaining old git.  As long as you are feel sure you are not an emergency, I hope you get what you need medically.   And some company of course.   
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

firenze

« Reply #63 on: Dec 15, 2019, 08:07:57 PM »
Zoony - so sorry to hear you are in health trouble. Do not be stoic but shout help before you add more grief to your situation.  Easy said! help has melted away these days it appears and it is down to God and Good Neighbours in this "caring" age we live in.  Time for oldies to band together and form our own help and  care methinks.

Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Jacqueline

« Reply #64 on: Dec 15, 2019, 08:50:08 PM »
Zoony,

If you feel bad don't hesitate to call an ambulance.  We had them out about six times before last Christmas, they were so patient and kind to my husband.  I did say I was embarrassed we'd called them out so much, but they told me if we were at all worried we were doing the right thing calling them.  My husband was taken in to hospital and sent home again a few times until on Christmas morning they took him in and took his condition seriously, got him on the right medication and sorted him out.

I'm telling you all this because you do need to be a bit pushy, shouldn't have to be if you are feeling ill and weak.  The AF can make you feel very tired too.

You sound like you  need a home care package, they should have arranged this for you before discharge.  Try your GP surgery or Social Services.  If you have been poorly for a while and needed help(even if you haven't had it) you may be entitled to Attendance Allowance, contact Age Concern and they can help you with the forms. This gives you money to pay for the help you need.

Hope you get the help you need.  And don't be worried about calling for an ambulance if you feel you need it.

Take care,  Jac

zoony

« Reply #65 on: Dec 15, 2019, 08:53:07 PM »
;D ;D Zoony I have just written a long, long post about your situation but on reading your latest I deleted it.  There's not a lot you can tell a complaining old git.  As long as you are feel sure you are not an emergency, I hope you get what you need medically.   And some company of course.

'Think I just got told off...

cowboy wisdom.

Audrine

« Reply #66 on: Dec 15, 2019, 10:02:28 PM »
Dear Zoony, I am concerned about you. Fancy letting you go home alone without help. What about the heat needed in your house, food and making sure you take the right tablets etc. Please, if you have the energy, get in touch with some organization who can send some one to help your desperate situation. How lucky you are to have these members worry about you, especially that lovely woman Scrumpy.

Do you have caring neighbours? I hope so. Take care of yourself Audrine

GrannyMac

« Reply #67 on: Dec 15, 2019, 10:21:02 PM »
As Jacqueline said, something should have been arranged for you in hospital.  And you may be entitled to Attendance Allowance, at least in the short term.  Age UK have local contact details, might be worth talking to them.  https://www.ageuk.org.uk/stockport/our-services/information-and-advice/

Sleep well.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #68 on: Dec 15, 2019, 10:31:53 PM »
Dear Zoony, I am concerned about you. Fancy letting you go home alone without help. What about the heat needed in your house, food and making sure you take the right tablets etc. Please, if you have the energy, get in touch with some organization who can send some one to help your desperate situation. How lucky you are to have these members worry about you, especially that lovely woman Scrumpy.

Do you have caring neighbours? I hope so. Take care of yourself Audrine

"Some organisation"...There is no such beast Audrine. Any groups like Age Concern etc have no facility to help people on an ad hoc basis or in an emergency. I have what I need now but yesterday could've ended badly. But it didn't and here I am so thanks everybody. I've felt your support.

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #69 on: Dec 15, 2019, 10:48:23 PM »
Glad things seem to be a bit better - are you sure you aren't being too brave?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #70 on: Dec 15, 2019, 11:28:01 PM »
Yes. I should've sat on my bed in the ward and refused to move. Like most folk, I try to do what is right and not what suits my purpose. Won't get fooled again.

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #71 on: Dec 15, 2019, 11:49:14 PM »
Good for you
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Maddie Malone

« Reply #72 on: Dec 16, 2019, 08:14:51 AM »
Zoony  yes I think you should have sat on your bed and refused to move .
When you see some who are better and have done that for one reason or another and even ended up having their mail and parcels delivered to the ward there on it’s  disgraceful 😡 .
I know you said the hospital would  write to your doctor but that might take a few days so why don’t you phone your doctors surgery as soon as they open this morning and just explain what has happened and ask if they can help you with  at least some sort of  home care package .
Better sooner rather than later with Christmas next week .
Hope you start to feel better soon xx

Scrumpy

« Reply #73 on: Dec 16, 2019, 08:21:57 AM »

I think being alone makes us feel frightened.. Especially at night..

I think you should phone hospital/social services/doctor/age concern ..Phone the lot.. Yeh! you might p*ss a few people off but you've got to make your voice heard..

It is far better to be alive and p*ssing people off then someone in a grave yard who 'Tried to do what was right'.. 
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

sparky

« Reply #74 on: Dec 16, 2019, 09:06:11 AM »
Maybe if beds had not been taken up by p**s artists an crackheads, there would not have been the urgency to discharge zoony so quickly.