Author Topic: Objection to a council scheme  (Read 4315 times)

sparky

Re: Objection to a council scheme
« Reply #30 on: Jan 10, 2020, 11:05:33 AM »

I do wonder about the sanity of our councillors.  A bit of common sense would be good.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Its not there sanity to question its the possible back handers.

Butterpuff

« Reply #31 on: Jan 10, 2020, 12:26:33 PM »
Update.
Work started on December 27th with scanning and marking up.
A number of "No parking" signs appeared which closed at least 10 parking spaces at least for the duration of work.
This means that contracts must have been let before objections were considered, probably weeks before.
Several households have made objections, including appeals to councillors.
Then contractors appeared and removed the no parking signs, so possibly the work may have been cancelled or postponed. We are obviously not important enough to be told.
yes Ashy it seems like these plans are all cut and dry and then as an after thought, they let the house holders know, knowing full well their opinion doesn't count...

Ashy

« Reply #32 on: Jan 10, 2020, 12:29:02 PM »
I have to say, it looked like "Resistance is futile".

I do hope I am proved wrong.

Butterpuff

« Reply #33 on: Jan 10, 2020, 01:22:20 PM »
whatever local councilor is leading it....I wouldn't give him my vote at the next local elections, they're supposed to be working for the local community, but I doubt if any of them ever do...but you never know...I hope you get the result you want

Goingtoseed

« Reply #34 on: Jan 10, 2020, 07:21:42 PM »
whatever local councilor is leading it....I wouldn't give him my vote at the next local elections, they're supposed to be working for the local community, but I doubt if any of them ever do...but you never know...I hope you get the result you want

There is an old saying that you cannot please all of the people all of the time...……
We recently had an issue with access down a road for anything bigger than a Ford Focus. People found it more convenient to park on the road than on the driveway.
So following on from that complaint and accepting that no emergency vehicles never mind the dust cart could never access the homes we had double yellow lines put down on both sides.
This solved the problem of anti social parking.
Just before Christmas we had a public demonstration at our meeting demanding that we provide off street parking, wait for it, by pulling down the childrens' play area, tarmac on the green open space and creating a car park for at least 30 cars. There are only 20 houses on the road and each home has two off street parking spaces AND a garage. Their argument was that their friends and relatives were not able to park outside the homes!
Which way would you go - remove the green space/play area or tell the residents to F... off!

mick607

« Reply #35 on: Jan 10, 2020, 08:30:00 PM »
There is an old saying that you cannot please all of the people all of the time...……
We recently had an issue with access down a road for anything bigger than a Ford Focus. People found it more convenient to park on the road than on the driveway.
So following on from that complaint and accepting that no emergency vehicles never mind the dust cart could never access the homes we had double yellow lines put down on both sides.
This solved the problem of anti social parking.
Just before Christmas we had a public demonstration at our meeting demanding that we provide off street parking, wait for it, by pulling down the childrens' play area, tarmac on the green open space and creating a car park for at least 30 cars. There are only 20 houses on the road and each home has two off street parking spaces AND a garage. Their argument was that their friends and relatives were not able to park outside the homes!
Which way would you go - remove the green space/play area or tell the residents to F... off!
Make the whole area resident parking permit holders only, then charge £50 per permit then just see how many buy permits.
Our city council have done this all over the city to deter on street parking to circumvent the workplace parking levy.

klondike

« Reply #36 on: Jan 10, 2020, 10:54:39 PM »
I'd welcome a resident parking scheme. I live next door but one to a Vets. There is a big free public car park across the road. When I come back from the supermarket with a bootful of shopping 9 times out of 10 there is a vet customer parked outside and I have to go round the corner and hump my shopping or wait while stuff defrosts for them to bugger off.
So long and thanks for all the fish