Author Topic: Help In Choosing The Next Unelectable Labour Leader.  (Read 15370 times)

Diasi

Help In Choosing The Next Unelectable Labour Leader.
« on: Dec 16, 2019, 06:23:57 AM »
I've put it in General Discussion because I'd like as many opinions as possible & not just from hard-core members.

In the New Year, although I'm a member of the Conservative Party, I'm also a member of the Unite union, I'll be faced with the task of having to decide who I vote for in the next Labour leadership campaign.

Having voted for both of the two previous unelectable leaders, Red Ed Miliband & Oh, Jeremy Corbyn, I'd like to make it three in a row.

At the moment I haven't been told who the preferred candidates will be so I'm trying to work some out by using the 'Oh, Jeremy Corbyn chant & seeing which names fit with it the best.

When I sing the Oh, Jeremy Corbyn chant I find that Oh, Angela Rayner fits in very well, followed closely by Oh, Rebecca Long-Bailey.

Oh, Emily Thornberry works, but only if shortened to Oh, Emily Thornbry.

Oh, Sir Keir Starmer doesn't really work at all as it has a 'ner ner ne ner ner' lilt to it.

I welcome suggestions for the next Labour unelectable leader.

But of course, you'll be spoilt for choice.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

Re: Help In Choosing The Next Unelectable Labour Leader.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2019, 06:32:31 AM »
Surely there is only one candidate worthy of consideration - the towering intellect that is Diane Abbott
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

ronyork

« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2019, 06:33:03 AM »
Get the unions away from any part of the selection process,

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2019, 06:39:42 AM »
Get the unions away from any part of the selection process,

That's not a good idea, if you remove the unions from the selection process you could end up with a Labour leader that is electable.

Unless of course you're a Labour supporter who wants an electable Labour leader.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2019, 06:44:56 AM »
Surely there is only one candidate worthy of consideration - the towering intellect that is Diane Abbott
Mike

Yes, Oh, Di-i-ane Abbott would work & she'd have been my first choice but I got the impression from John McDonnell that all those close to Oh, Jeremy Corbyn wouldn't be part of the next Labour Shadow Cabinet when he said "we'll all be gone". 

ronyork

« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2019, 07:41:08 AM »
Labour , I owned a bookbinding finishing company for many years, the unions were more than enough trouble for me, a labour supporter, NEVER with their outdated ideas,

mike4550

« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2019, 09:32:54 AM »
With its large majority a strong opposition is needed to keep the government honest. To do this a decent centre-left leader is needed. Corbyn was totally wrong and I think Diane Abbot has health issues she needs to address. So this wanting an unelectable leader is one of the stupidist things I have seen on this forum!

Ashy

« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2019, 10:09:41 AM »
There are two wings to the labour party as I see it, namely the careerists who are members because they get paid for their activity, (that includes a lot of trade union members and councillors) and a collection of loudmouthed minorities. Therefore this party exists to further the interests of paid politicians and give advantages to minorities of all sorts. It is hardly surprising that ordinary decent people don't want them in government.

GrannyMac

« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2019, 10:22:51 AM »
With its large majority a strong opposition is needed to keep the government honest. To do this a decent centre-left leader is needed. Corbyn was totally wrong and I think Diane Abbot has health issues she needs to address. So this wanting an unelectable leader is one of the stupidist things I have seen on this forum!

I see Diasi's point.  If Labour had not been hampered by Corbyn, we may well not have the current majority to move Brexit on.  If another Corbynista becomes the next leader, then we'll keep the Tories in power a bit longer.

Emily Thornberry is prone to gaffes, she'll do.  😉

Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

ronyork

« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2019, 11:33:53 AM »
The crazy gang used to appear at the Victoria Palace, perhaps they could start there.

klondike

« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2019, 11:39:42 AM »
"we'll all be gone".
so he reckons they'll all be off to the gulags for correctional training after their failure then. I didn't realise that.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: Dec 16, 2019, 11:40:06 AM »
So this wanting an unelectable leader is one of the stupidist things I have seen on this forum!

Not if you wanted a Brexit referendum. -- My vote for Red Ed Miliband helped to screw Labour in 2015 because who on earth would vote for a PM that couldn't master the art of eating a bacon sandwich.

Not if you wanted the Brexit Referendum honoured -- My vote for Oh, Jeremy Corbyn has ensured that we leave the EU & has ensured a government that can't be held to ransom.

Not if you're a Conservative Party member who wants to keep the Labour Party unelectable.

klondike

« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2019, 11:44:22 AM »
No I reckon it's pretty stupid too. The party is so infiltrated by the hard left they won't be needing your help to select an unelectable leader.

The big problem is that the unis are hard at work turning out brainwashed students with useless degrees, no job because every business already has more than enough diversity officers and huge debts. They just might elect the unelectable.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2019, 11:47:33 AM »
No I reckon it's pretty stupid too. The party is so infiltrated by the hard left they won't be needing your help to select an unelectable leader.

The big problem is that the unis are hard at work turning out brainwashed students with useless degrees, no job because every business already has more than enough diversity officers and huge debts. They just might elect the unelectable.

But I can still vote for the most unelectable of the unelectable which is only stupid if you're a Labour Party member.

Cassandra

« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2019, 11:48:37 AM »
It's such a crowded field of gifted challengers really, Andy MacDonald that eternally "happy chappy".  Lady Nugent (Emily Thornberry) with her finger on the pulse of national feeling down in Islington South. 'Sir' Keir Starmer the much loved brexit secretary with all his handy injunctions.

Whoever the next tuned in 'Leader' post fixing (electing) turns out to be, his Job description bounds with populism viz-

Continue the good work of Commissar Corbyn and Cheka McDonnell, viz:

1 Initiate a boundary change  commission to only authorise voting inside the M25 constituencies.
2 To promote continued goodfeelings by the proletariat towards our comrades in the EU by seeking to rejoin.
3 Eradicate wealth and it's causes (wealth means anything above £20k per year, per household).
4 Limit newspaper publishing to The Guardian only.
5 Banish the Queen and Royal Family to Borneo and create the new role of 'National Protector' for Dianne Abbot.
6 Scrap the pound immediately and welcome in the Euro (as a good will gesture to hoping they'll have us back).
7 Put Commissar Corbyns frozen body on permanent public display (preferably when he's properly dead) inside the premises of the 'Washtub Launderette' on Corbyn Square Islington.

(NB this list is not exhaustive)
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...