Author Topic: Help In Choosing The Next Unelectable Labour Leader.  (Read 15371 times)

Ashy

Re: Help In Choosing The Next Unelectable Labour Leader.
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2019, 11:51:02 AM »
It really doesn't matter who leads the labour party. Their policies are determined by their members, which is as it should be. Their policies are not acceptable to the majority of decent people for any number of reasons. SO unless they get some different members, and some different policies, they are what they are, unelectable.

Diasi

« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2019, 11:57:05 AM »

I see Diasi's point.  If Labour had not been hampered by Corbyn, we may well not have the current majority to move Brexit on.  If another Corbynista becomes the next leader, then we'll keep the Tories in power a bit longer.

Emily Thornberry is prone to gaffes, she'll do.  😉

I'm so glad that you've suggested her because she's my current front runner & I wanted to see if anyone else mentioned her.

Either Oh, Emily Thornbry or Oh, Layaydy Nugee would sound quite good so that alone entitles her to be in the list of leadership candidates.

The candidates have to have names that lend themselves to the Oh, Jeremy Corbyn type of chant.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Diasi

« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2019, 12:09:37 PM »
It really doesn't matter who leads the labour party. Their policies are determined by their members, which is as it should be. Their policies are not acceptable to the majority of decent people for any number of reasons. SO unless they get some different members, and some different policies, they are what they are, unelectable.

The policies are decided, in the main, by the NEC but we do get emails with a list of potential policies from the NEC, via Momentum & Unite, from which we can vote for our preferences.

That's why I always vote for the most bizarre hard left-wing NEC candidates.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #18 on: Dec 16, 2019, 12:10:06 PM »

7 Put Commissar Corbyns frozen body on permanent public display (preferably when he's properly dead) inside the premises of the 'Washtub Launderette' on Corbyn Square Islington.
(NB this list is not exhaustive)
On 7 I'd be keener if they acted immediately as I can't wait to offer my respects (so long as it warms up a bit first).
So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

« Reply #19 on: Dec 16, 2019, 12:14:35 PM »
It's such a crowded field of gifted challengers really, Andy MacDonald that eternally "happy chappy".  Lady Nugent (Emily Thornberry) with her finger on the pulse of national feeling down in Islington South. 'Sir' Keir Starmer the much loved brexit secretary with all his handy injunctions.

Whoever the next tuned in 'Leader' post fixing (electing) turns out to be, his Job description bounds with populism viz-

Continue the good work of Commissar Corbyn and Cheka McDonnell, viz:

1 Initiate a boundary change  commission to only authorise voting inside the M25 constituencies.
2 To promote continued goodfeelings by the proletariat towards our comrades in the EU by seeking to rejoin.
3 Eradicate wealth and it's causes (wealth means anything above £20k per year, per household).
4 Limit newspaper publishing to The Guardian only.
5 Banish the Queen and Royal Family to Borneo and create the new role of 'National Protector' for Dianne Abbot.
6 Scrap the pound immediately and welcome in the Euro (as a good will gesture to hoping they'll have us back).
7 Put Commissar Corbyns frozen body on permanent public display (preferably when he's properly dead) inside the premises of the 'Washtub Launderette' on Corbyn Square Islington.

(NB this list is not exhaustive)

Yes, that's the leader for whom I hope I have a chance to vote.

Cassandra

« Reply #20 on: Dec 16, 2019, 12:31:32 PM »
How about'

'One Lady Nugent,
There's only one Lady Nugent
One Lady Nuuuuu er GentThere's only one Lady Nugent'

Alternatively 'Fidel's personal choice

'Oh the Rebe ecca LongBailey'
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

« Reply #21 on: Dec 16, 2019, 12:39:15 PM »
How about'

'One Lady Nugent,
There's only one Lady Nugent
One Lady Nuuuuu er GentThere's only one Lady Nugent'

Alternatively 'Fidel's personal choice

'Oh the Rebe ecca LongBailey'

I like the 'One Lady Nugent' chant as it would fool the Labour Party membership into thinking that the party was moving away from Corbynism, while the rest of the electorate would think "not another Corbyn".

stellamaris

« Reply #22 on: Dec 16, 2019, 08:25:02 PM »
Lady Nugee wouldn't fit because she won't allow it.  But she would be a good bet in her guise as Emily Thornberry.   Did you hear that she is suing another female labour MP who lost her post in the election [Can't remember the name but she has been highly praised by everyone on all sides and she was adamant the referendum result should be respected]  Old Em sounded like a little girl, all breathy and very quiet and shy as she explained why this MP had told terrible, terrible lies about her saying that Emily thought that leave voters were stupid, so of course in the event of no public apology she had to, just had to, sue her.  God that women makes me laugh.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Michael Rolls

« Reply #23 on: Dec 16, 2019, 08:30:54 PM »
It is Caroline Flint she is suing - could be a laugh a minute - I've always been  under the impression that la Thornberry regards everyone other than herself as stupid.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

stellamaris

« Reply #24 on: Dec 16, 2019, 09:06:43 PM »
Yep, that's the one.  I heard ET [apt abbreviation] on the radio, so I must follow it up - it is unbelievable really.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #25 on: Dec 16, 2019, 09:37:29 PM »
Therefore this party exists to further the interests of minorities of all sorts.
Ashy,
That is Labour's biggest problem, in a nutshell.

Diasi

« Reply #26 on: Dec 16, 2019, 09:43:54 PM »
It is Caroline Flint she is suing - could be a laugh a minute - I've always been  under the impression that la Thornberry regards everyone other than herself as stupid.
Mike

Under normal circumstances I'd say that Lady Nugee would be laughed out of court but Nugee's husband is a judge.

Assuming it gets to court it'll be a civil case where the test is the balance of probabilities whether or not she did call Brexit supporting labour voters stupid.

I think Nugee will struggle when Caroline Flint's defence tells the court that Nugee had to apologise & resign from her Ministerial post for her tweets & photos that ridiculed a leave voting guy who flew an English flag.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9885650/white-van-man-labour-election/

Ashy

« Reply #27 on: Dec 17, 2019, 07:53:51 AM »
Her ladyspit will be getting the best legal advice but politically I would advise her to drop it. Nobody believes her denial and even winning a court case, which is not guaranteed, will not increase her credibility.

Diasi

« Reply #28 on: Dec 17, 2019, 08:14:51 AM »
Her ladyspit will be getting the best legal advice but politically I would advise her to drop it. Nobody believes her denial and even winning a court case, which is not guaranteed, will not increase her credibility.

If she wins her court case it will just add to the harm already done to the Judiciary by the Supreme Court's biased Brexit rulings.

digitalis

« Reply #29 on: Dec 17, 2019, 08:18:44 AM »
Wow! there are some serious whacko Labour  runners out there who I would be frightened to challenge in any political debate. Stab-him-in-the-front tears-on-my-pillow Jess Phillips for one. The uber snob ET,the Aristos Harriot Harman and Jack Dromey...I just looked em up in a group photo: frightening. I did think the Conservative Party was evil(IDS and that Esther McVey),but you wouldn't want to cross Labour's Tope Table. I guess its the choice between Hitler and Stalin. You get to the top by stepping over dead bodies