Author Topic: Help In Choosing The Next Unelectable Labour Leader.  (Read 15374 times)

Diasi

Re: Help In Choosing The Next Unelectable Labour Leader.
« Reply #30 on: Dec 17, 2019, 08:38:30 AM »
Although it's early days it seems that Unite are going to back Rebecca Long-Bailey, with Angela Rayner stepping aside to become deputy leader like Brown did for Blair.

Long-Bailey, straight out of the Corbyn mould, was my original first choice but I then I switched to Thornberry & put Long-Bailey as my second choice.

I can only speak for myself but I find Long-Bailey's mean mealy little mouth always makes her look as though she's sneering & looking down at people as she speaks.

So together with her Corbynista views I don't see her being an election winner.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

digitalis

« Reply #31 on: Dec 17, 2019, 09:04:17 AM »
Diasi quoted Cassandra: I hadn't seen that. Apt. Yeh,that justabout sums it up.

Next RBL: Yes,I don't like to be prejudiced on looks,but the failing(on my part)comes that the camera shots seem to be(purposefully?)taken 'upskirting' her ie shot from below the podium wherein the new Stalin(same as the olde Stalin)looks down on the brethren. The thing is with most of the new borne Labour leaders they just don't seem to have any ear for common folk(e),or any sense of place or humour. This is what Farage has: he does seem to have the ability to smile at himself,make faces that appear comical or tired. He doesn't seem to have the false pomposity of Soubry or the intellectual stuffy regalness of KS. I know he goes about in his faux Barbour and pink cords as Kent aristo,but I think he could larf about himself too. He seems to have a lot going for him so I guess its why the main parties hate him! LOL

Diasi

« Reply #32 on: Dec 17, 2019, 10:25:30 AM »
I think this young newly-elected Labour MP for East Nottinghamshire stands a fair chance of being in the running in a few years time.

When interviewed she said she was going to Westminster to 'rock the table' & 'shake things up'.

The newly-elected Conservative MP for Blyth Valley said he was going to Westminster to do what his constituents had voted for him to do & get Brexit done.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-50808347
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #33 on: Dec 17, 2019, 11:07:24 AM »
I have given this considerable thought and the only person best qualified for the job of labour leader is Jesus Christ.
1. He has the same initials as Mr Corbyn so won't have to change the sign on his door.
2. He is an undocumented migrant.
3. He was violent in his youth and demonstrated anti semitic tendencies in the temple.
4. He is thought to be well connected.
5. There are pictures on Twitter showing him on the floor of a stable.
6. By rebelling against the Roman Empire he demonstrated that he is anti English and pro-Arab
7. He is already officially dead so not likely to die in office.
8. Has never been to Islington or the LSE.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #34 on: Dec 17, 2019, 11:53:02 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Cassandra

« Reply #35 on: Dec 17, 2019, 12:02:17 PM »
Although it's early days it seems that Unite are going to back Rebecca Long-Bailey, with Angela Rayner stepping aside to become deputy leader like Brown did for Blair.

Long-Bailey, straight out of the Corbyn mould, was my original first choice but I then I switched to Thornberry & put Long-Bailey as my second choice.

I can only speak for myself but I find Long-Bailey's mean mealy little mouth always makes her look as though she's sneering & looking down at people as she speaks.

So together with her Corbynista views I don't see her being an election winner.

Perfect choice, waspish appearance, ignores feed back, manifest marxist, knows absolutely everything . Won Salford & Eccles with an impressive swing of 8.7% to the Tories.  Will be staunchly rejected by the public at large and therefore loved by the BBC metropolitan eliite. Most important a valued Corbinysta founder member, who will continue with the popular winning formula for the proletariat, fathered by beloved Comradski, Fidel Corbyn RIP.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #36 on: Dec 17, 2019, 12:23:08 PM »
Oh dear, how can a daughter of the proletariat possible have a double barrelled name?
Mike (I speak as one who, through a mix-up when my birth was registered, had a double-barrelled surname for 28 years)
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #37 on: Dec 17, 2019, 12:28:17 PM »
To be perfectly honest, until reading this post I had never heard of the young lady. Had that state of affairs continued, I doubt that I would have lost any sleep
Mike

em

« Reply #38 on: Dec 17, 2019, 12:59:08 PM »
Michael,was the other half Royce?

Diasi

« Reply #39 on: Dec 17, 2019, 01:12:40 PM »
Michael,was the other half Royce?
;D ;D ;D

Ashy

« Reply #40 on: Dec 17, 2019, 01:37:25 PM »
There are worse combinations!

Just seen the name Pinky Green.
John Pinky Green
hasn't got the ring about it like "James Bond".

Michael Rolls

« Reply #41 on: Dec 17, 2019, 02:39:21 PM »

Actually, in a way, almost yes.
My late brother, a genealogist, almost came to the conclusion that I might have been the last  Llangotic, but not quite. On the other hand, back in the early 60s, my first wife and I lived in a flat carved out of a biggish house owned by Bill and Violet Royce. Bill and I fantasized going to the works, challenged at the works gate and saying 'He's Royce. I'm Rolls' or vice versa
Mike

em

« Reply #42 on: Dec 17, 2019, 05:26:33 PM »
That's a good story,Michael.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #43 on: Dec 17, 2019, 06:01:54 PM »
They were a lovely couple, sadly now long gone
Mike

ronyork

« Reply #44 on: Dec 17, 2019, 06:41:59 PM »
Harry,s doing nothing, ideal choice, useless, not much experience of real life ,sounds like an ideal choice.