Author Topic: Taxi,s  (Read 289 times)

ronyork

Taxi,s
« on: Jan 08, 2020, 08:41:33 AM »
No doubt some form of scam going on here, Are these Asian  taxi drivers self employed  with the wife on the books as bookkeeper /cab cleaner,  I would assume 90% of taxi drivers in my town are Asian it must be a paying game! I had to go to hospital several weeks ago and booked a cab, the cab was clean but smelt highly of some kind of incense?  I ask the driver to lower the window (which he did), can I ask when booking a cab for a none Asian driver? might try it next time Yes I Agree with many comments on this site  these people seem to been taking over our world in our hospitals/schools etc To better our country I do not think so!!!!!!!.,

mick607

Re: Taxi,s
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2020, 07:32:52 PM »
I made a sacred vow last Friday never ever use a hackney cab in this city again.
Leave Means Leave !
[email protected]

Jacqueline

« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2020, 07:39:06 PM »
Can't remember the last time I used a cab of any sort.  I've been told it's about 60 to Carmarthen from where I live, I'll wait for the bus.

zoony

« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2020, 07:46:57 PM »
Always use reputable taxi firms and many of their drivers are Asian. I've found them invariably well-dressed, polite and helpful without needing to be asked unlike the average white driver I've had who is often monosyllabic, non-conversational and usually listening to some local pop music channel 30 yre too young for 'em. I know which I prefer..
" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites

mick607

« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2020, 07:48:53 PM »
Always use reputable taxi firms and many of their drivers are Asian. I've found them invariably well-dressed, polite and helpful without needing to be asked unlike the average white driver I've had who is often monosyllabic, non-conversational and usually listening to some local pop music channel 30 yre too young for 'em. I know which I prefer..
Each to their own then, ! As usual.
Leave Means Leave !
[email protected]

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2020, 08:02:16 PM »
Yup, as usual. I can only say as I see and am obviously more fortunate than you in where I ended up. Which is where I left 50-odd years ago cos it was a no-hope sh*thole with no work. Much has changed..
" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2020, 08:09:36 PM »
 8) 8) 8)   saying nowt .

biglouis

« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2020, 08:19:18 PM »
Most of the drivers in my local firm are Asian and they are the only buggers who know where they are going
I may look like a cute kitty but watch out for my claws!

GrannyMac

« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2020, 08:42:03 AM »
I don't think being a taxi driver is high on the list of people's job aspirations.  No qualificatins except a driving licence needed! Except in London where 'The Knowledge' is needed for a hackney licence.  Anti social hours, no guaranteed income, drunk and rowdy passengers....

If we've been to the theatre we get a cab home, usually Asian drivers, although not all, from the rank.  My daughter booked a private hire for me a few weeks ago from her home, it was a local, woman driver.    All have been fine so far.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Theodore Roosevelt

Jacqueline

« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2020, 10:34:41 AM »
Why bring people to this country when the best qualification they have is to drive a taxi?  We want educated people, doctors, scientists etc.  Crazy.

Scrumpy

« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2020, 11:07:12 AM »

I don't think much knowledge is needed when driving a cab .. be it London or the suburbs..
 Most use a Sat-nav.

If people got off their arses perhaps these 'insignificant' jobs could be done by our own unemployed..
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

Cassandra

« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2020, 11:08:52 AM »
Why bring people to this country when the best qualification they have is to drive a taxi?  We want educated people, doctors, scientists etc.  Crazy.

Blair figured that as we were an ageing society, we needed the Tax receipts n million taxi driving teenage imports from Pakistan and Romania would give us. He'd previously shovelled in 1.3 million Poles to handle the 'Plumbing'.

Jacqueline

« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2020, 11:14:42 AM »
I bet their tax receipts keep us lot in pensions! ??? :o

klondike

« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2020, 11:23:31 AM »
Blair must have taken his degree at the Abbot Academy of Alternate Mathematics. Taxi driving is cash in hand which makes tax very much a voluntary donation.

If you consider any minimum wage job the tax take is low to bugger all should the person have a wife and child to support. Certainly the Eastern Europeans around here will often have both members of a couple working but then they will either get state funded childcare or as often as not bring granny over as a childminder.

I do not believe that anybody English or foreign on minimum wage is going to make a contribution to the exchequer much in excess of the costs they impose on the countries infrastructure.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2020, 11:37:37 AM »
No income tax, but like everybody else, when they buy something it will often be subject to VAT, if they have a motor then every time they fill the tank the government gets a slice, and so on.
Don't get me wrong - I am totally opposed to uncontrolled immigration, but you are being over simplistic
Mike
The older I get, the better I was!