Author Topic: Taxi,s  (Read 1831 times)

ronyork

Taxi,s
« on: Jan 08, 2020, 08:41:33 AM »
No doubt some form of scam going on here, Are these Asian  taxi drivers self employed  with the wife on the books as bookkeeper /cab cleaner,  I would assume 90% of taxi drivers in my town are Asian it must be a paying game! I had to go to hospital several weeks ago and booked a cab, the cab was clean but smelt highly of some kind of incense?  I ask the driver to lower the window (which he did), can I ask when booking a cab for a none Asian driver? might try it next time Yes I Agree with many comments on this site  these people seem to been taking over our world in our hospitals/schools etc To better our country I do not think so!!!!!!!.,

mick607

Re: Taxi,s
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2020, 07:32:52 PM »
I made a sacred vow last Friday never ever use a hackney cab in this city again.

Jacqueline

« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2020, 07:39:06 PM »
Can't remember the last time I used a cab of any sort.  I've been told it's about £60 to Carmarthen from where I live, I'll wait for the bus.

zoony

« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2020, 07:46:57 PM »
Always use reputable taxi firms and many of their drivers are Asian. I've found them invariably well-dressed, polite and helpful without needing to be asked unlike the average white driver I've had who is often monosyllabic, non-conversational and usually listening to some local pop music channel 30 yre too young for 'em. I know which I prefer..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

mick607

« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2020, 07:48:53 PM »
Always use reputable taxi firms and many of their drivers are Asian. I've found them invariably well-dressed, polite and helpful without needing to be asked unlike the average white driver I've had who is often monosyllabic, non-conversational and usually listening to some local pop music channel 30 yre too young for 'em. I know which I prefer..
Each to their own then, ! As usual.

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2020, 08:02:16 PM »
Yup, as usual. I can only say as I see and am obviously more fortunate than you in where I ended up. Which is where I left 50-odd years ago cos it was a no-hope [censored] with no work. Much has changed..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2020, 08:09:36 PM »
 8) 8) 8)   saying nowt .

biglouis

« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2020, 08:19:18 PM »
Most of the drivers in my local firm are Asian and they are the only buggers who know where they are going
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

GrannyMac

« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2020, 08:42:03 AM »
I don't think being a taxi driver is high on the list of people's job aspirations.  No qualificatins except a driving licence needed! Except in London where 'The Knowledge' is needed for a hackney licence.  Anti social hours, no guaranteed income, drunk and rowdy passengers....

If we've been to the theatre we get a cab home, usually Asian drivers, although not all, from the rank.  My daughter booked a private hire for me a few weeks ago from her home, it was a local, woman driver.    All have been fine so far.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Jacqueline

« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2020, 10:34:41 AM »
Why bring people to this country when the best qualification they have is to drive a taxi?  We want educated people, doctors, scientists etc.  Crazy.

Scrumpy

« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2020, 11:07:12 AM »

I don't think much knowledge is needed when driving a cab .. be it London or the suburbs..
 Most use a Sat-nav.

If people got off their arses perhaps these 'insignificant' jobs could be done by our own unemployed..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Cassandra

« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2020, 11:08:52 AM »
Why bring people to this country when the best qualification they have is to drive a taxi?  We want educated people, doctors, scientists etc.  Crazy.

Blair figured that as we were an ageing society, we needed the Tax receipts n million taxi driving teenage imports from Pakistan and Romania would give us. He'd previously shovelled in 1.3 million Poles to handle the 'Plumbing'.

My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Jacqueline

« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2020, 11:14:42 AM »
I bet their tax receipts keep us lot in pensions! ??? :o

klondike

« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2020, 11:23:31 AM »
Blair must have taken his degree at the Abbot Academy of Alternate Mathematics. Taxi driving is cash in hand which makes tax very much a voluntary donation.

If you consider any minimum wage job the tax take is low to bugger all should the person have a wife and child to support. Certainly the Eastern Europeans around here will often have both members of a couple working but then they will either get state funded childcare or as often as not bring granny over as a childminder.

I do not believe that anybody English or foreign on minimum wage is going to make a contribution to the exchequer much in excess of the costs they impose on the countries infrastructure.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2020, 11:37:37 AM »
No income tax, but like everybody else, when they buy something it will often be subject to VAT, if they have a motor then every time they fill the tank the government gets a slice, and so on.
Don't get me wrong - I am totally opposed to uncontrolled immigration, but you are being over simplistic
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!