Author Topic: Iran  (Read 428 times)

klondike

Re: Iran
« Reply #15 on: Jan 10, 2020, 04:47:17 PM »
If it looks like it is going to embarrass the Iranians the poor bugger will likely weigh less and be shorter soon if not already.

Diasi

« Reply #16 on: Jan 10, 2020, 09:57:47 PM »
Anyway the majority of the passengers were Iranians & the four British nationals all had Arabic sounding names, with at least one being Iranian / British dual nationality so no ethnic Brits were killed.

Looks like the Iranians shot themselves in the foot & the UK needs to keep it's nose out.
Make every day count, each day is precious.

Countdown to Brexit https://bit.ly/2RF6F3m

klondike

« Reply #17 on: Jan 10, 2020, 10:30:40 PM »
It still makes them look like complete amateurs whoever was on the plane and there is a good chance they'll lose foreign carriers. If you ran an airline would you risk going near the place?

zoony

« Reply #18 on: Jan 10, 2020, 10:41:55 PM »
No ethnic Brits..Phew! That's a relief.. There're still 170-odd murdered civilians whatever their nationalities. It's something than can be used as a diversion to spin and maybe de-escalate the results of Trump's sneak strike and muddy the water's around the less-than-convincing revenge attack that the US knew was on it's way before the puny missiles were launched? Something's going on and I suspect it's covering up Iran's plans for more and wider nuclear tech development..
" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites

klondike

« Reply #19 on: Jan 10, 2020, 10:47:30 PM »
I can't see them deliberately downing a Ukrainian jet. They cоcked up plain and simple.

zoony

« Reply #20 on: Jan 10, 2020, 10:49:46 PM »
I didn't mean to suggest that. Apologies..I meant it's a convenient 'something' that's big enough to divert attention.

Tom Waites

klondike

« Reply #21 on: Jan 10, 2020, 10:58:25 PM »
They could certainly double down but as the Donald pointed out to the other bloke with a comedy hairstyle he has a big red button that he knows will work. They'll not risk pushing Trump too far because he is probably nutty enough to go for broke. It ain't called MAD by chance.

zoony

« Reply #22 on: Jan 11, 2020, 12:03:37 AM »
Any 'red button' action isn't just down Trump, I'd be more worried if it was, and the enemies of the US are perfectly aware of that..no matter how much he shoots his mouth off. Wonder how that wall is coming along?

Tom Waites

Michael Rolls

« Reply #23 on: Jan 11, 2020, 05:21:07 AM »
Iranian state TV has just admitted that their military accidently shot down the Ukranian passenger plane. It is claimed that it flew close to a 'sensitive area' and that those responsible will be held to account. No comfort to families and friends of those onboard, but at least it ends the speculation.
Mike
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #24 on: Jan 11, 2020, 07:26:33 AM »
Any 'red button' action isn't just down Trump, I'd be more worried if it was, and the enemies of the US are perfectly aware of that..no matter how much he shoots his mouth off. Wonder how that wall is coming along?

He's just been given $3.6 billion by US Appeal Court to put towards continuing to build the wall.

This is money that the anti-USA Democrats managed to get frozen a while back.

That's another few million votes for him.

That hag-of-a-woman Pelosi is an absolute gift for Donald Trump, she's what Corbyn was for Boris Johnson.

https://n.pr/2R1pb5S
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2020, 07:32:19 AM by Diasi »
Make every day count, each day is precious.

Countdown to Brexit https://bit.ly/2RF6F3m

klondike

« Reply #25 on: Jan 11, 2020, 12:24:14 PM »
Any 'red button' action isn't just down Trump
How sure of that are you? If the system detected incoming nukes do you think the Yanks would form a committee? There must be a fast response option and the commander in chief is....

I'd certainly hope there would be checks and balances but all it took for the drone attack that kicked this off was the military to ask Trump for a go ahead.

stellamaris

« Reply #26 on: Jan 11, 2020, 12:28:40 PM »
I was willing to believe that it was some nervous military either shooting it down by mistake or just sending the rockets in the wrong direction.   But I now suspect that they did make a mistake by not knowing the passenger list of the plane and were perhaps thinking it was somehow USA connected. That it was deliberately targeted.  A big bang to finish off the firework show aimed at bases in Iraq. They are likely to sacrifice anybody to get a few Americans.  And they didn't get one.

Iran have tried for days to malign a safe, experienced and thoroughly conscientious airline with ridiculous assertions and to cover up as much as they can at the debris site.  They had four days to plan their revenge so I don't think a sense of panic of imminent attack by the USA covers it as an understandable excuse .  They are obviously missing their fallen hero for proper planning.  Good.

Of course there are conspiracies within conspiracies but for the moment I am going for a surface one.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty

stellamaris

« Reply #27 on: Jan 11, 2020, 12:31:54 PM »
Should have added, glad you are back Sheila.  I would think that some scary thoughts might have been in the back of your mind.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty

zoony

« Reply #28 on: Jan 11, 2020, 03:08:50 PM »
How sure of that are you? If the system detected incoming nukes do you think the Yanks would form a committee? There must be a fast response option and the commander in chief is....

I'd certainly hope there would be checks and balances but all it took for the drone attack that kicked this off was the military to ask Trump for a go ahead.

My opinion wasn't based on a US response to an enemy action.

Tom Waites

Sheila

« Reply #29 on: Jan 11, 2020, 03:12:01 PM »
Should have added, glad you are back Sheila.  I would think that some scary thoughts might have been in the back of your mind.

Thank you stellamaris.  We have already booked for next Christmas!
Everything I can't find is in a totally secure place.