Author Topic: Iran  (Read 952 times)

Sheila

Re: Iran
« Reply #30 on: Jan 11, 2020, 04:17:33 PM »
We've just started using topcashback and have had a message that I have 66 from booking my holiday through them!  I'm happy about that.
Everything I can't find is in a totally secure place.

Alex22

« Reply #31 on: Jan 11, 2020, 08:59:40 PM »
Welcome home Sheila, did you bump into Crabby   ? ;D

Sheila

« Reply #32 on: Jan 12, 2020, 06:48:44 AM »
No but he wasn't far away.  I wish I had the courage to do what he does.  A bowling friend of my husband's does.  She just gets a plane to Goa and then finds somewhere to live and she is pushing 80!  We were both staying in the same town a few years ago so she visited our hotel (The Radisson) and we went to see her flat.  It was good but no protection from the wild life.  For instance, if she made food, every crumb had to be cleared or the cockroaches would arrive!  In a more expensive place, staff make sure there are as few nasty surprises as possible.
On this last holiday we were walking up the lane from the beach.  There was a mother and daughter just in front of us and a snake crossed the road in front of them.  The mother turned round to us and said that she had not know her daughter knew such words!
Everything I can't find is in a totally secure place.

Diasi

« Reply #33 on: Jan 12, 2020, 06:53:54 AM »
It was good but no protection from the wild life.  For instance, if she made food, every crumb had to be cleared or the cockroaches would arrive!  In a more expensive place, staff make sure there are as few nasty surprises as possible.

Sounds ideal.
Make every day count, each day is precious.

There is nothing more frightful than the ignorant in action.

Apart from the gullible in action.

Alex22

« Reply #34 on: Jan 12, 2020, 02:56:57 PM »
Back to Iran, I just heard on LBC that hardline militia groups had surrounded the British Embassy in Teheran.

stellamaris

« Reply #35 on: Jan 12, 2020, 05:04:01 PM »
Yes, Alex I have been listening to LBC all afternoon covering this.  For once they are having some excellent phone-ins, mostly from Iranian refugees in this country.  It's been most informative.  There are also demonstrations outside the Iran Embassy in London.  However I think they might be just about to revert to Harry and Meghan so that will be clickety off for me.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty

Cassandra

« Reply #36 on: Jan 12, 2020, 05:06:50 PM »
Back to Iran, I just heard on LBC that hardline militia groups had surrounded the British Embassy in Teheran.

Yes Andrew Castle this morning. Also the Iranian who said they arrested the British Ambassador by mistake? Trump has really got them rocking!