Author Topic: Good start to the day  (Read 1116 times)

Sheila

Good start to the day
« on: Jan 12, 2020, 08:34:30 AM »
The dishwasher stopped working and yes, it was full of dirty dishes.  We googled the problem and I emptied the machine and started washing up.  Much to our surprise my husband seems to have fixed it by following the online instructions.  I wish I hadn't washed everything now although we would have had to empty the machine anyway. 

Scrumpy

Re: Good start to the day
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2020, 10:55:41 AM »

My dishwasher played up the first time I used it.. One of the connecting pipes was twisted..
I only use it when I have the family over.. or doing loads of cooking.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Raven

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2020, 11:55:14 AM »
I'm our dish washer.. ::)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2020, 11:58:09 AM »
Now I am on my own, the dishwasher hasn't been used since Christmas 2018 when son and partner, Sister-i-L and myself, plus a neighbour, made the amount of washing up needed making it worthwhile to use it. It took a lot of nagging from son, daughter, et moi to get Veronica to agree to such a device, and it was used a fair amount before her final illness, but since then ....
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2020, 11:58:33 AM »
I'm our dish washer.. ::)
Join the club!
Mike  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Diasi

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2020, 12:03:50 PM »
Our dishwasher was built in as part of the kitchen along with washing machine & fridge freezer.

It's been used about every 6 months in the 5 1/2 years we've been here, mainly to stop it from seizing up with dried salt.

I ran it a few days ago to wash the cooker hood filters.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2020, 12:11:52 PM »
Our dishwasher was built in as part of the kitchen along with washing machine & fridge freezer.

It's been used about every 6 months in the 5 1/2 years we've been here, mainly to stop it from seizing up with dried salt.

I'd not heard of that before - how big a problem can it be? whilst Veronica was alive it got used probably once or twice a month, but as I mentioned, it now hasn't been used for just over 12 months
Mike

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2020, 12:53:07 PM »
I'd not heard of that before - how big a problem can it be? whilst Veronica was alive it got used probably once or twice a month, but as I mentioned, it now hasn't been used for just over 12 months
Mike

Salt can potentially block the softener unit if it isn't used for very long periods.

On one occasion I couldn't get the salt filler cap off until I'd poured boiling water over it & then when I managed to undo the cap the whole area was welded with dried salt.

Whether or not the same would happen to the pump etc I can't say but the occasional cycle can't do it any harm as a precaution.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

sparky

« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2020, 12:59:03 PM »
I would not be without a dishwasher,  mine only needs to go on every 2/3 days  I love the way I can just bung all the crockery, etc, in there in a few seconds at the end of a meal, and  then go and  put my feet up, I am also told it more hygienic.

Diasi

« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2020, 01:06:42 PM »
I would not be without a dishwasher,  mine only needs to go on every 2/3 days  I love the way I can just bung all the crockery, etc, in there in a few seconds at the end of a meal, and  then go and  put my feet up, I am also told it more hygienic.

It is if it gets flushed through with a cleaning solution regularly.

Alex22

« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2020, 01:57:02 PM »
Ive never had a dish washer, only me  8)

mick607

« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2020, 03:00:21 PM »
My dishwasher was made in 1954 & still working fine. I named the dishwasher "Sue"  ;D

Scrumpy

« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2020, 05:55:16 PM »

I ran it a few days ago to wash cooker hood filter.

I never knew that I could put the cooker hood filters in the machine.. Great.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

GrannyMac

« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2020, 01:41:08 PM »
Our small dishwasher is rarely used, however i'm going to put the cooker hood filters in and give it a whirl. Thanks for the tip Diasi.

Most days my OH washes up, his choice, he says he finds it relaxing. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2020, 01:45:36 PM »

I ran it a few days ago to wash cooker hood filter.

I never knew that I could put the cooker hood filters in the machine.. Great.

Our small dishwasher is rarely used, however i'm going to put the cooker hood filters in and give it a whirl. Thanks for the tip Diasi.

Most days my OH washes up, his choice, he says he finds it relaxing.

Only if they're the metal mesh extractor filters, not the carbon filled recycling filters.