Author Topic: Life is great under the Tories.  (Read 6979 times)

brian54

Life is great under the Tories.
« on: Jan 12, 2020, 08:38:59 AM »
Brexit moving forward. No tax rises. Low inflation. Occupational / private pensions being encouraged.

mick607

Re: Life is great under the Tories.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2020, 08:45:04 AM »
Brexit moving forward. No tax rises. Low inflation. Occupational / private pensions being encouraged.
No tax rises...... Yet.

brian54

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2020, 08:53:47 AM »
No tax rises...... Yet.

No tax rises is in the manifesto. Cutting benefits except the state pension would be good.

mick607

« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2020, 08:57:12 AM »

No tax rises is in the manifesto. Cutting benefits except the state pension would be good.
Wait & see.

Ashy

« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2020, 09:45:15 AM »
So far so good, but these are not the conservatives of the 1980s. The council tax bills will be out soon, then the water rates, train fares etc.

brian54

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2020, 10:02:47 AM »
So far so good, but these are not the conservatives of the 1980s. The council tax bills will be out soon, then the water rates, train fares etc.

Get yourself a water meter. It is cheaper. I don't think councils should spend money on beggars. They should be told to get a job. Birmingham City Council is ran by the  looney left. It leaves lights on in its buildings when there in nobody in them.

sparky

« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2020, 10:11:01 AM »
Brian, Is it so strange that Birmingham are run by loonies, when it would appear many of its residents fit  that label.

brian54

« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2020, 10:15:08 AM »
Brian, Is it so strange that Birmingham are run by loonies, when it would appear many of its residents fit  that label.
The labour councillors are all looneys. I have made many sugestions to reduce expenditure. None have been adopted.

klondike

« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2020, 10:19:25 AM »
Maybe they are acting on my cost saver...

Stick any letters from Brian54 into the recycling without wasting time reading them.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2020, 10:54:20 AM »
Get yourself a water meter. It is cheaper. I don't think councils should spend money on beggars. They should be told to get a job. Birmingham City Council is ran by the  looney left. It leaves lights on in its buildings when there in nobody in them.

There are few example of 'lights on & no one in' around the Birmingham area.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

mick607

« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2020, 10:54:40 AM »
Sadly our Labour controlled council are increasing the council tax again this April. About 4% I hear the maximum amount allowed. As they have done every previous year, That's why we are the fourth highest CT in the country.Robin Hood Energy, losing money.Nottingham Tram (NET) losing money.£millions spent on cycle tracks which are never used.Support for LGBTQ+ including painting a road rainbow colours & city centre rubbish bins in the rainbow colours.60K plus non council tax paying student population.WPL increasing in April too.

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2020, 10:58:21 AM »
That's why we are the fourth highest CT in the country.Robin Hood Energy, losing money.

Oooh, you're helping to pay our leccy & gas bill so I'll turn up the heating.  ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

mick607

« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2020, 11:03:07 AM »
Robin Hood Energy are not the cheapest, as residents we would qualify for a better deal than non residents but their prices are still much dearer than many others.Besides, make the most of it while you can, it won't be around much longer.  ;D

David G

« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2020, 11:09:26 AM »
Starmer backs higher taxes on the wealthiest to pay for better public services. He actually means anybody who isn't on benefits.I'm still waiting for a definition from anybody of what the weekly income of a wealthy pensioner is ?.
I used to get a Warm Home Discount from my energy supplier, they still pay it but now it's only to those on Pension Credit or other benefits, it's going to be the same with the over 75 TV licence.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

klondike

« Reply #14 on: Jan 12, 2020, 11:10:14 AM »
painting a road rainbow colours
They do that round here but not all at the same time. Ours start off with white spray round potholes. When it wears off they use yellow and as that gets worn off blue. They might start over with white after the blue but my memory isn't what it was so I can't be sure.
So long and thanks for all the fish