Author Topic: Windows 7  (Read 1988 times)

zoony

Re: Windows 7
« Reply #45 on: Jan 14, 2020, 07:59:42 PM »
My mistake was in thinking that you had to back that up with a restore point you could visit in future. Sorry Alex.

Diasi

« Reply #46 on: Jan 15, 2020, 10:30:05 AM »
I fired up Windows 7 earlier this morning & got the 'Windows 7 is no longer supported & won't receive updates' message, followed by 4 updates.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #47 on: Jan 15, 2020, 10:41:47 AM »
You mentioned you were still getting MSE updates earlier  was it maybe them and some other odds and ends that are still around in Windows 10? They sort of combined MSE into Defender in 10 and updates for that are reasonably regular.

As the patch Tuesday stuff should be available now I'll fire up my Win10 laptop and see what I get on top of the rolling cоck ups fix.

===

I get windows defender, net framework, and malicious software removal tool on top of the Win10 cumulative update. I imagine you probably got those but not the win 7 or 10 patches.
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2020, 10:46:32 AM by klondike »

Diasi

« Reply #48 on: Jan 15, 2020, 10:50:47 AM »
You mentioned you were still getting MSE updates earlier  was it maybe them and some other odds and ends that are still around in Windows 10? They sort of combined MSE into Defender in 10 and updates for that are reasonably regular.

As the patch Tuesday stuff should be available now I'll fire up my Win10 laptop and see what I get on top of the rolling cоck ups fix.

===

I get windows defender, net framework, and malicious software removal tool on top of the Win10 cumulative update. I imagine you probably got those but not the win 7 or 10 patches.

There was an MSE update, Malicious Software Removal Tool, Security & Quality Rollup for Windows 7, Security Monthly Quality Rollup & Servicing Stack Update for Windows 7.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #49 on: Jan 15, 2020, 10:55:03 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Mind you I think they said support ended 14th and 14th was patch Tuesday so it could be the last you'll get for Windows.

They seem to introduce as many new bugs as they fix old so you probably won't be missing much.

Win 10 cost me next to nothing and I don't even run a start menu replacement now as they sort of reinstated that. I do regularly run OOSU10 to shut off the spying options regularly though.
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2020, 10:59:34 AM by klondike »

richmond62

« Reply #50 on: Jan 22, 2020, 10:09:29 PM »
Windows 7 is a leaky sieve.

Time to get weaving with Linux.