Author Topic: indoor games i had a problem with.  (Read 245 times)

Alfred

indoor games i had a problem with.
« on: Jan 15, 2020, 09:08:44 PM »
More a case of not fully understanding the rules of the game, chess is one game which I would have liked to have played, as its a game of moves and forward thinking trying to outwit your opponent,

where as draughts is one easy game I played often in my youth, another I recall after some tuition was cribbage, of course I doubt if the very young
generations of  today would in all likelihood might wonder what these games was for,

as today,most games are played on many different electronically hand held devices,  and even on the t.v  and completely different from those days in the past where some families really enjoyed  interacting with family member,

Q; so what indoor games do you remember playing in your youth, and do you still play some of them today,

Raven

Re: indoor games i had a problem with.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2020, 09:23:28 PM »
We had a cupboard full of games, my favourite was snakes n ladders, followed by beetle. We also had monopoly, dominoes, drafts, played snap, and several other card games, also lots of jigsaws.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2020, 11:53:59 PM »
I play chess and solitaire against the computer . Used to play the latter for ‘real’ as a childe. Play scrabble when there are enough family present - to my mind needs at least three persons, so haven’t played since Christmas 2018
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2020, 12:00:44 AM »
I played them all as a child/young man..Always enjoyed Scrabble and word games generally. Like you Alfred, I always thought it'd be cool to play chess but, like written music, it never would go in..My brother and I used to play Backgammon regularly but his wife made him stop when he lost half of his house to me.. ;)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.